Chapter 50

Everyone is a slave to their past no matter how much you try to move forward, the events of last year will bear down you like the light of the stars as soon as you glance up.

•|•|•|•|•

"Leave me King" Aramide said.

"Look at me" King softly said. Aramide shook her head, refusing to listen to him so King used his finger to turn her head to him.

"All the things that happened in the past, I'm sorry. I have been sorry for a long time" King apologized earnestly. "I regret it."

Aramide stared at King, blinking in surprise. "It hurts me that you hate me when I have tried so hard to prove that I-" King continued but was interrupted.

"Please, you are lying" Aramide said, looking away and crossing her arms. "You are such a liar."

"Ara! What can I do to convince you that I've changed?" King asked frustrated but Aramide cruelly ignored him.

"Aramide please, Don't do this to me. I can handle anything but not you hating me" King said desperate. "Can't you see I am trying to change because of you?! I have done so many good things in my life because of you so please don't leave me."

King looked so helpless and Aramide couldn't ignore him anymore. She burst into tears and hugged him.

"I'm sorry, so sorry for saying all those things about you" Aramide sobbed, "I didn't mean them. I don't hate you. I know how much you are trying to make things better, I just can't help this feeling."

Aramide looked at him, "everything is a mess and it's taking a toll on me." King smiled in relief and hugged her back.

"I'm sorry too, sorry for everything. It's all my fault" King said pulling away and staring into Aramide's eyes.

Aramide shook her head in disagreement. "No, it's mine for dwelling in the past. I was being silly" She said. King opened his mouth to reply but his eyes caught something behind Kim and his jaw dropped.

"What is it?" Aramide asked. King didn't reply still looking shocked so she turned around. Aramide stared in shock at the sight and nearly broke into giggles as she watched Moyo and Sinach kiss.

"I am going to crack his head like a coconut" King growled menacingly and began marching towards them. Aramide held him back.

"No" Aramide said, "Moyo won't do anything bad to her. We need to talk."

"But, I still..." King said, wanting to crush Moyo. Moyo noticed King glaring at them and jumped away from Sinach.

King snarled at him and raised his thumb to his neck, demonstrating a 'I'm gonna kill you' sign. Moyo wisely walked away though Sinach went after him and Aramide smiled at them.

"That girl" King hissed.

"King" Aramide called and King noticed Aramide pointing out that almost everyone is gone or half drunk and asleep on the floor.

The song 'Stuck with you' by Ariana Grande featuring Justin Bieber was playing in the background. "We are the only ones awake" Aramide said quietly, "do you want to stop dancing?"

"No" King sweetly said, "I didn't get a chance to dance with you tonight."

Aramide smiled and put her hands in King's hand. They waltzed playfully and drunkenly to the song.

Later, King was sitting on the floor, resting his back on a couch and Aramide is right by his side. Aramide's head was on his shoulder and his right arm was on her waist.