Chapter 24

I feel like I'm waiting for something that isn't going to happen.

•|•|•|•|•

“Why does he want you to meet his parents? is he courting you?” Shalom asked genuinely curious.

No! Aramide shot her a look and typed. He said it is because of the relationship between my mom and his dad. I don't want to refuse but I am sick of King. I need a break from him.

“Okay but it is rude to decline especially if his father wants you there.”

I know...I also want to see if I really have to go. If King doesn't press the issue further, then it's not important. Aramide typed.

The next day, the judges were addressing all the participants. “You will be getting new judges and new team captains for this round” Aviva said. Everyone looked confused.

The judges introduced the substitute judges. “We have invited popular dancers to mentor you. You will choose from this bowl which dancer will be in each Team. Our names are also in this bowl so there is a chance we will be picked to a teams’ mentor” King explained.

Each Team captain picked a paper.

“Miss Aviva?”

“Yemi Alade? No way!” A guy said excitedly.

“King.” Chris read and looked up. Aramide snapped her head at Chris so fast in shock. He had chosen King. Aramide frowned after seeing confirmation and crossed her arms. Of course. It is like this man uses charm so we are grouped together all the time. She thought annoyed.

Later, at Team Sapphire's training room, King was addressing the team. “...Since I am in this group, I will not lose. You all have done very well in your past performances but you can do better” King said, “we will work on your weaknesses and decide our routine. Our theme is love so we need to perform something soulful, something...”

Aramide rolled her eyes, Romance? That doesn't suit King. He is more of a dread kind of guy. I bet he doesn't know the true meaning of love.

“I know you can't talk but that doesn't mean you can space out in the middle of a meeting” King said, snapping his fingers in front of her. Aramide glared at him and he smirked. He walked past her.

What a fool and he thinks he is smart. Aramide sneered.

They began practicing and King monitored their dance steps. He gave them some pointers. They quickly decided on a song and tried to decide who will be the two leads in the dance.

“...we need the two best male and female dancer in the team to take the lead” King said.

“Honestly...Aramide and Chris are the best” Christian admitted.

“I'm a good dancer too” Lolade exclaimed.

“Face it Lola,” Funmi said deadpan, “Aramide is better.” Lolade crossed her arms and pouted while Aramide looked at King smugly.

King rolled his eyes with a not impressed look. He reluctantly agreed. The day was finally over and everyone was leaving.