Chapter 34

Dedicated to @igeWuraolami

Just look up, we are both under the same starry sky

•|•|•|•|•

A few months later, it was December 25th and there was a Christmas party at a nice modern apartment. Some people danced happily with their friends. Everyone gathered together to watch a performance. Aramide came out and started dancing and she looked happy.

The dance ended and everyone clapped impressed with the performance. Aramide smiled satisfied and went inside to get changed. She came back dressed in a beautiful red halter neck gown that stopped at her knees.

She joined Shalom and her university friend Vera, who were discussing with some other people. "What are you saying? I don't see why someone should stay with a man like that. A man like that will not help you."

Aramide argued with them and won. She smiled pleased as she sipped her juice. "You are a very opinionated person. I never realized that" Vera said in surprise. "You've become more talkative now that you have your voice."

"What did you expect? I am so happy, I can scream, I can sing, I can tell off guys" Aramide said happily and she chuckled with her friends over the last thing she said.

"I can contribute to a conversation....it is a very wonderful feeling." Aramide smiled peacefully.

A guy approached to Aramide. "Excuse me, do you want to dance?" he asked.

Aramide didn't look fond of the idea and turned to Vera. Vera nodded at her encouragingly and Aramide accepted. They walked to the dancefloor and as they danced, it reminded Aramide of all the times she danced with King and the memories made her sad.

Aramide and the guy stopped dancing soon and the guy started asking, "I would like to see you again, can we meet up it some day?"

Aramide shook her head apologetically. "No sorry."

The guy nodded understandingly and walked away. Wesley comes with his arm around Shalom's shoulder. "Why did you turn him down? Don't you have eyes? He is so hot" Vera whined childishly, shooting the guy a dreamy look.

"Don't forget you have a boyfriend" Aramide answered.

"Oh shut up" Vera said. "Why don't you give yourself a chance with a guy? One guy? Give yourself a chance at love."

"I thought I loved someone and it ruined my life-" Aramide said dryly.

"Don't tell me that you are like those girls that quit on love and hate men" Vera said dramatically.

"Vera no! I just....I don't need any relationship at the moment" Aramide frowned. "With the pain inflicted on me, it will take a while to heal. I need to focus on myself. Besides, love is just an idea used by people to sell valentine days candy."

Wes and Shalom subtly exchanged a look and they noticed how quiet Aramide was. They knew she was thinking if King.

"Are you guys having fun?" Wes smiled. "How do you guys find the party?"

"Awesome" Vera gave him a bright thumbs up.

"I love it. It is a great party" Aramide smiled.

"Thanks" Wes smiled pleased. He pouted at Shalom, "baby, are you enjoying the party? You haven't talked to me since the party started, I am jealous of your girlfriends here. Do I have to turn to a girl just for you to pay attention to me?"

"Then who will be my boyfriend if not you" Shalom cooed, pinching his cheeks softly. "you are just so cute."

"Cute, why not handsome?" Wes whined.