Chapter 18

It might take years, it might take a day. But if your love is meant to be, it will find a way.

•|•|•|•|•

Shalom and Aramide stood in front of a big classy building. This was the place they were meant to submit the form. “I am glad you decided to participate Ara” Shalom said, “this is an opportunity to win money. I mean 50 million Naira! If you win, don't forget me.”

Aramide laughed shaking her head, Shalom always knew how to make her laugh. They went inside and handed the form to the receptionist in charge of the competition. Once it was confirmed, they walked out of the building.

They walked out of the gate. “Ara! Wait for me! I have to buy something. My roommate won't let me borrow her perfume. She is really stingy” Shalom said comically. Aramide just laughed and Shalom walked away.

Just then, King drove past Aramide in his car and his car splashed muddy water on her. Aramide gasped and froze in shock. When she recovered from her shock, she yelled so many things at him but no words came out. The gate opened and King drove in without noticing Aramide. Aramide grunted frustrated and stomped her foot on the ground angrily.

Shalom came back and saw Aramide covered in mud. “What happened to you?!” Shalom asked shocked.

Aramide didn’t reply. She instead shook her body letting some of the muddy water drop. Shalom began to stifle a laugh after the seriousness of the issue had passed.

Aramide glared at her as in ‘if you laugh, you'll regret it.’

“Okay, I won't laugh. Let's go home and get you cleaned” Shalom said smiling.

Three days later, at Caleb international School in Aramide's class. Aramide was on her phone when she sees an email message someone sent to her.

Miss Aramide, you are to audition on the 12th of March. You must be in the building by 8am. The venue.....

‘Oh my gosh, the audition...I should inform the school I won't be available on the 12th’ Aramide thought, ‘this is it Ara.’

Days later, at Aramide's house. Moyo and Shalom are looking at Aramide. “Don't be nervous, you look fine” Shalom said encouragingly, “exude confidence and everything will be fine.”

“I hope your routine is good. You must win us that 50 million naira” Moto supported. Aramide smiled nervously and Shalom nudged Moyo who chuckled.

“You like money too much” Shalom laughed.

I have to go now, bye, wish me luck. Aramide typed on her phone and carried a bag.

“Bye, good luck” Shalom waved.

At the Uwem mansion, in King's room, King dressed up for the audition. He put on a blue jacket on top of a yellow t-shirt and black jeans trousers.

“You are still here? The audition will soon start” Vivian said surprised, “you can't be late, you’re a judge.”

“You don't have to tell me what I already know” King said coldly, “i will be there before the audition starts.”