Chapter 31

You hugged me close to my heart only to stab me in the back.

•|•|•|•|•

Aramide and King became friends but don’t meet up like normal people. They had agreed to be civil with each other but to keep a good distance from their lives. They stayed away from each other to avoid trouble but they couldn’t help but feel like something was missing.

At a show, all the teams were done performing and team White was out. The judges addressed the rest of the teams left which were Team Emerald, Team Sapphire, Team Crystal, Team Opal and Team Silver.

“The final show is in 2 weeks and it will determine who will win the prize money” Aviva said. “Work hard and dance with heart and soul. Dance is about passion and sincerity, I wish you all good luck.”

Everyone applauded and Aramide returned to the training room to get her stuff. “Ara, we need to talk” Chris said, walking in. “I don't understand. Are we together or not? You treat me as if I am not important.”

Aramide looked down sadly and typed. I'm sorry Chris. I should have voiced my concern from the start  that this wasn’t going to work out. I don't think I am made for relationships. I am sorry for leading you on. It was wrong.

“I should have known. You didn't look like you were into this. You looked forced,” Chris said stiffly. “It’s okay, I apologize for not realizing sooner.”

Aramide watched him walk away feeling apologetic. King walked in soon after. “Hi Ara” he greeted, “you better have an amazing routine planned, i didn't get you into this competition for nothing.”

Keep on reminding me how me being in this competition is your doing. Aramide typed unimpressed. It still won’t make me impressed.

“After the competition, we won't see each other again” King stated and Aramide bit her lip in realization. King continued talking, “I want to thank you...for making me realize what mistake I was making.”

Aramide smiled and typed. It's alright. How are things with your family? Are you trying to mend things with them? I know you don't have the best relationship with them not to talk of good.

“A relationship that has been sour for years isn't going to be fixed that easily” King sighed.

You were able to end the problem between us. Can't you do the same? Aramide urged.

“It's going to be harder than you think it is. I have done a lot of things to them that is not so easy to forgive” King said thoughtfully, “besides, I can't let go of the hatred i feel when I see my father. I can’t help but feel…he is responsible for the death of my mother".

Aramide looked surprised. King was telling her his story. She sat next to him and urged him to explain. What happened?.

King sighed heavily before narrating what happened between his mother and father and how she died.

Aramide stared at him sadly after hearing the story. I am so sorry King but I feel you are still living in the past. You have a wonderful family. Don't lose them because of one incident. Instead, try to talk to your father and understand what happened. She added. the one who lives with hatred is always unhappy.