Chapter 53

When you love someone, it's something. When someone loves you, it's another thing. When you love the person that loves you back, it's a completely different thing.

•|•|•|•|•

A few more days later, it was the day of the engagement. At the Uwem mansion, Aramide, Moyo and Ken arrived early to help.

"Welcome, thanks for coming early to help" Vivian smiled, "it is much appreciated."

"You don't have to thank us. It's what friends and family are for" Ken smiled. Ken, Moyo and Aramide help Vivian, Sam and Sinach decorate the house.

Aramide stood on a stool in the hallways and hung the ornaments. King passed by just as Aramide slipped.

"Aahhh!" Aramide screamed as she fell. Aramide closed her eyes and braced for impact but King caught her.

"Are you alright?" King asked.

Aramide looked at him shocked. "Y-yes, I'm fine. Thank you" she answered shakily.

"You are welcome" King said and gently set Aramide down.

"Thanks a lot. If I had hit the ground, it would have been terrible" Aramide said relieved.

King mused, "you came early. The party has not even started."

"Your mom called me, she needed my help" Aramide explained.

"How long have you been here?" King asked.

"About...3 hours" Aramide answered.

"And you didn't come to see me?" King crossed his arms, giving her a playful look.

"I thought you weren't around" Aramide answered.

"Yes but you didn't even ask. I am hurt" King said with a pout. He dramatically placed his hand over his heart.

Aramide laughed, "stop being silly...you should get ready for the party, it will start very soon."

"Yeah...I'll be engaged" King said. Aramide forced a smile.

"I should get back to decorating" Aramide said, " thanks for the help King." King nodded and walked away.

Later, Aramide was done decorating and Sinach came to see her. " Ara, the party will be starting soon and the guests are arriving." She said, "you should get dressed, I'll help you."

"Okay" Aramide nodded and went to her old room. She changed her gown and stared at her reflection in the mirror.

 She changed her gown and stared at her reflection in the mirror

"You look beautiful" Sinach said and Aramide nodded approvingly.

"let's go" Sinach said but her phone started ringing. She checked the caller ID and looked at Aramide, "sorry, I have to take this. Go on without me."