Chapter 23

Maybe we were born to meet.

•|•|•|•|•

“You are right” King said angrily. He looked ahead, gripping the steering wheel of his car. Aramide frowned at him. King looked at her, “I don't care about you. I just don't want my show to get low ratings because one of the dancers is pathetic.”

Aramide glared at him and got her phone from her bag. She typed indignantly, I wonder how I ended up meeting you. You ruined my life the second I saw met you.

“Don’t forget that you were the one who ran after me like a lost puppy. You were so impressed with my dancing” King said, shocking Aramide that he still remembers.

Aramide recovered from her surprise and typed, I was a child. I didn't know you were a demon trapped in a child's body. As I said before, you ruined my life the Nano-second I met you and we ended up meeting again and again. It’s a curse.

King stopped the car as he is stuck in traffic and looked at Aramide. He asked, “has it ever crossed your mind that we were born to meet each other?”

Aramide shot him a look of disbelief, in contrast to his serious stare. She typed, I am pretty sure the last thing I was born for is to meet you.

“You are really rude. It’s a good thing you don’t have a voice.” King sighed and noticed Aramide glaring deathly at him. He quickly continued talking, “Think about it, we met each other at almost every stage of our lives.”

Aramide did not look as interested or amused as King in this topic. She typed with a cold look, I wonder where you came up with this nonsense. Please drive.

King huffed annoyed and drove away. He stopped in front of Aramide’s house and Aramide got out of the car immediately.

“Be careful” King said reflexively out of worry. He got out of the car too to see her out.

Don't act like you care. Aramide typed.

“Stop being annoying, you infuriate me a lot.” King said exasperated.

Aramide typed, same here. Aramide turned to her gate ready to go inside and King walked back to his car reluctantly as if waiting for Aramide to say something. Aramide rolled her eyes and sighed. She turned around and locked eyes with King.

Thank you. Aramide typed with great reluctance on her face. The unhappy frown on her lips made King grin amused.

“You're welcome” King answered smiling and drove off. Aramide walked inside, mocking King.

The next day, Aramide came in and noticed some people from other Teams passing by looking at her suspiciously. She went to Team Sapphire's training room and saw sees her teammates are gathered in a circle.

Christian noticed her first, “good morning Ara.” Everyone turned around and Aramide eyed at them suspiciously. She nodded in response to Christian.

“Are you alright?” Lolade asked concerned.

Aramide nodded slowly, thinking about what happened last night and typed, yes but how did you know?

“Everyone is talking about it. Someone said the security guards and cleaners saw King carrying you. They said you fainted” Dayo said and only after Funmi elbows him does he realize he comes across as a gossiper.

Aramide closed her eyes and sighed annoyed. What is wrong with everything?! Why does everyone keep putting me and King in the same sentence?! She thought annoyed as she rubbed her temples.