Chapter 33

Dedicated to the song 'Speechless' by Naomi Scott in 'Aladdin'.

The day I lost her was the day I lost myself.

•|•|•|•|•

At Aramide's ward, the doctor gave her a check up. “It is a miracle. She has regained her voice. It seems whatever made her regain her voice was what she needed” the doctor told them. “It might be hard to speak clearly for a few days but you will adapt. I recommend getting a therapist to help the process.”

“Thank you doctor” Moyo said gratefully.

“I-I c-can't believe it....” Aramide stammered. “...I can speak again.”

“And to believe your first words were ‘I hate you King’.” Shalom frowned.

“D-don't remind me. His n-name must never be mentioned near me” Aramide said. “please.”

King wandered the hospital looking lost. He remembered what happened a few minutes earlier.

“GO AWAY! I don't want to see you!” Aramide screamed, shocking everyone. “I hate you King! I hate you!”

“Aramide hates me so much. This is all my fault” King said blankly in shock.

At the Uwem mansion, King arrived drunk and everyone is surprised. “King, what is this nonsense?!” Sam yelled displeases. “What is going on that is making you behave like this?!”

“Aramide.... Aramide was raped and it is all my fault” King sniffed and slumped on the couch in tears.

“What?!” Everyone exclaimed.

“How? what happened?” Sinach asked in disbelief. King narrated everything to them and how Aramide regained her speech.

“Oh my...? King, you won’t kill me before my time” Sam said, sitting down to digest what he just heard. He felt an incoming headache. “What did you do to Aramide that is causing this?” he asked.

“You deserve to know...” King dully said and narrated everything starting from when they were children to when they were adults omitting nothing.

Sam slapped him but King looked unfazed. He just stared ahead blankly. “How could you have done something like that King?! You ruined her life from the second she was born” Sam yelled disappointed.

“Sometimes I wonder how I have a son like you because you are nothing like me! You look like my late brother but you are nothing like him either!” He continued pained, “how can I call someone like you my son?!”

King sat on the couch wallowing in self-pity. “You ruined the lives of everyone around you for what?! Your mother?! Let me tell you the truth King, your mother was crazy.” Sam said.

“She was going crazy and I tried, I tried to get her treated but it was getting out of hand. Then she took you and things escalated.” Sam explained, “You ended up thinking your mom's death was my fault but it wasn't. She told you so many things and you believed her.”

King sobbed, burying his face in his hands. “I should have explained to you a long time ago and now we are suffering for it” Sam said sadly, “You are suffering for it.”