Chapter 49

I hate it when someone treats me specially and that someone suddenly stops talking to me.

•|•|•|•|•

"Baby, I have to go" Ivana said, "I have an interview tomorrow and I can't stay up late."

"It's okay, should I drop you home?" King asked.

"No, you should stay here. We don't want Sinach getting into trouble again" Ivana smiled. King nodded and kissed her on the cheek. He walked her to the door and returned to the party.

He sat with Wesley by the bar. "Hey man" Wesley greeted, "where is Ivana?."

"She left. She has an interview tomorrow" King answered.

"You look relieved. When she was here, you had this bored and irritated look" Wesley said.

"Really?" King asked surprised.

"Yeah" Wesley answered honestly. "Have you seen Shalom?"

"I don't know. I saw her taking shots with Ara" King answered. He sighed, 'I haven't gotten a chance to talk to Ara."

"About what?"

"I don't know. The topic comes to us naturally. I am so comfortable talking to her but then things go downhill with us talking." King complained.

"What do you mean?" Wesley asked.

"We get along sometimes and other times, we argue about the past" King explained, "and things happened."

"What exactly happened?" Wesley asked suspiciously.

"At the party you threw at your new house, we...um, kissed and it led to a whole lot of complications" King said looking down. "Aramide called the night between us a mistake and she wants to leave because our so called friendship is complicated."

"Then she found out I had a girlfriend and she blew it."

"You messed up bro. How did you expect her to react?" Wesley said, "you know how Aramide is. Ara is probably tired of everything that is going on."

"It's all my fault." King said, hanging his head forlorn.

"Don't take it to heart King. Aramide is really happy to be your friend, I know it" Wesley said, in an attempt to cheer him up. "she is just upset and tired."

"So you said she wants to leave the house?" Wesley added.

"Yes but I don't want her to leave."

"Why do you want her to stay? She has enough money, her father is back so why do you want her to stay?" Wesley asked, "Why do you think about her a lot?."

King scratched his head, "I don't know. I will go and find her."

"If you find my girlfriend let me know" Wesley yelled. King shook his head in disbelief and smiled. He left Wesley.

King searched for Aramide and finally found her laughing at the people who fell into the pool. "Princess" he called her.

Aramide turned to King and her smile vanished. King frowned at that but said nothing. Aramide began to walk away but King stopped her.

"Hey, where are you going?" King said, "I came to check on you."

"Well you didn't want to check on me earlier so why check on me now?" Aramide spat venomously.

King was taken aback. "Um...are you drunk?" He asked.

"Maybe" Aramide pouted. "I have to find Shalom. Shaloommm!!!". Aramide attempted to walk past King but King put his arm around her waist.