Chapter 26

The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest.

•|•|•|•|•

In the evening, King waited for Aramide outside her compound. He looked around impatiently till Aramide walked out.

King laid his eyes on her, looking a bit amazed

King laid his eyes on her, looking a bit amazed. He smiled appreciatively but covered it up with a neutral look. "It took you long enough, I have been waiting for you for one and a half hour." He snarled.

Aramide shrugged like she didn't do anything wrong. She was obviously happy that she made him wait. She walked to the other side of the car. "Sure, shrug like you didn't waste my time" King huffed and entered the car. Aramide followed suit sitting next to him and he drove off.

At the Uwem mansion, King and Aramide arrived and Aramide looked impressed. Wow. Aramide mouthed.

"Don't let your jaw drop, flies might get in" King commented snidely out of habit and Aramide elbowed him, shooting him a nasty glare.

"Ow!" King glared at Aramide and Aramide smiled innocently. She walked ahead to the front door and King followed her huffing. She glanced at his funny expression and chuckled. She typed on her phone, for once we are acting civil to each other.

"I guess so" King smiled and walked up the stairs to the balcony under the verandah.

Maybe we don't actually hate each other and I can forgive you for what you did. Aramide thought as she watched him. King stopped in front of the door and looked at her. "What are you waiting for? Come on" he gestured.

Aramide walked up the stairs and King knocked on the door. The door opened and they saw Sinach. "Hi Ara" Sinach grinned and hugged her.

Aramide hugged her back awkwardly and Sinach pulled away to stare at her. "You look beautiful," Sinach marveled, "did my brother tell you that? He probably didn't, he doesn't know how to appreciate beauty."

Aramide laughed and King rolled his eyes. I wouldn't like to hear a compliment from his mouth though. I really hate his opinion. Aramide admitted smilingly innocently and King snapped his head at her.

His retort was interrupted by Sam. "Good evening Aramide" Sam smiled warmly. He and Vivian come out of a door.

Aramide smiled and slightly knelt as a greeting. "Come here, give me a hug" Vivian said kindly and Aramide complied. King watched this looking bored.

"How is your brother? I heard what happened" Sam asked as they walked in. Aramide typed on her phone he is fine, there is no need to worry.