Chapter 28

I don't like this feeling at all but I think I have to feel it.

•|•|•|•|•

Aramide looked down awkwardly and walked away while King looked just as pissed off as Wesley to be interrupted.

Aramide rushed to Shalom and Shalom looked surprised to see Aramide all flustered.

Let’s go Shalom. Aramide typed.

“Why? What happened?” Shalom asked curiously, “Why do you look so flustered?”

Nothing, let's just go. Aramide typed.

“What about Chris?” Shalom asked.

I will text him later, let’s go. Aramide typed a bit rushed and dragged Shalom in a hurry to leave.

While with King, King walked past Wes but Wes stopped him. “What are you up to King? Why are you messing with Aramide?” Wes glared.

“What I do is none of your business, back off!” King said defensively, shoving Wes to the side.

Wes refused to back down. He crossed his arms, “it is my business because you've hurt Aramide more than enough. Now you act like you are interested in her? What is going on in that head of yours?!” Wesley yelled fed up, “do you even like her or do you want a one night stand? You know she doesn't even know the truth–”

King looked sharply at Wesley. “Just shut up!” He snapped angrily but his eyes revealed his true feeling, fear. “I've heard enough! She doesn't need to know the truth and I don't care because she will never find out.”

“Don’t be stupid. You are cheating her by hiding the truth” Wes said annoyed, “I wonder how she will react once she finds out.”

“Are you going to tell her?” King asked tensed.

“I have kept the secret for four years, I can keep it for a few more until you tell her” Wes said. “but for now, stop playing with her. That kiss, was it the first one since you met?”

King looked down frustrated, “No…i know I shouldn't even be getting close to her but I can't help it. She is always in my mind and it is killing me. It's frustrating.”

Wesley took in his friend’s frustrated face and his gaze softened. “Do you like Aramide?” he asked softly.

King froze. This wasn’t the first time the thought had crossed his mind. He paused then shook his head. “No..” he denied, “it…it is just a mere attraction…lust. That’s it.”

King looked up and Wesley who didn’t look like he believed King at all.

At Aramide's house, she laid on her bed thinking about all the moments she spent with King and the recent kisses they shared.

“I’m sorry, I can’t help myself”

Aramide placed her hand on her chest and the rapid beating of her heart was close to confirming her fears.

You keep confusing me King. You have messed up my emotions. I hate you King, I hate what you are doing to me. I hate that I allow you to do this to me. Aramide thought passionately.

Aramide pursed her lips upset and slowly placed her hand on her chest again. King…

Why are things changing? When did things change? What sort of feeling is this? I don't like this feeling at all but… Aramide looked at the hand she used to touch her chest. I think I have to feel it.