Chapter 30

Can me and you be friends?

•|•|•|•|•

Aramide is in her home. She dreams of King and woke up in frustration. Why can't I get him out of my head? It's frustrating! Aramide raged. She clutched her pillow and glared at it.

At the Uwem mansion, Sam, Vivian and Sinach were discussing in the living room when King arrived.

“...here he is” Sinach grinned. She walked to him, “sooo King, we were wondering when we would see Aramide again. Can you bring her tomorrow?.”

King looked disorganized and ruffled. He had dark circles under his eyes. He grunted and looked away, “she won't be coming to this house anytime soon and especially not with me.”

Sinach's face scrunched up as she smelt alcohol. “King...what is this? Are you drunk?” Sinach asked disgusted at the smell.

King forced a smile and placed his hand on Sinach's cheek. “I’m not drunk, I am very very sober. I'm fine too...I am going to my room now. Nobody should disturb me.”

King staggered upstairs sullenly and everyone looked at him worried and puzzled. “He looked terrible” Vivian said, “what is going on with him?”

“I don't know but seeing as he is half drunk and tired” Sam said thoughtfully, “let's leave him be and talk to him tomorrow.” Everyone nodded in agreement.

King entered his room and landed on the bed with a plop. He stared at the ceiling and recalled when he met Aramide at the University, when he performed with her at the University and how she cried every time he hurt her.

King shut his eyes and mumbled. “I am sorry Ara, I am so sorry for everything.”

The next day, Sinach and Vivian came to King's room. They saw him lying on the bed still in the clothes he had on last night. The blanket was on the floor and King's right leg and arm dangled from the side of the bed. Vivian stood outside the door while Sinach walked in.

Sinach knelt by his bed and picked up the blanket. She touched King and King suddenly grabbed her hand. He was still asleep. Vivian and Sinach looked alarmed but relaxed once they discover he hadn’t woken up.

“I'm sorry Ara, forgive me please...I am sorry” King muttered despondently. Vivian and Sinach looked shocked to hear that.

“Oh my Gosh” Sinach mouthes to her mother thrilled. Vivian gestured for her to shush. Sinach slowly pried his fingers from her wrist and King's grip on her loosened. She snuck out quietly.

Vivian and Sinach rushed to the dining room. “...no wonder he said Aramide wouldn't come. He did something” Sinach deduced. “But he apologized. Did you hear him mom? He wants to apologize to Aramide. It's amazing.”

“I don't understand what it is with that boy” Vivian said, “I wish he would talk to me and let me in. I only want to help him. Support him like a real mother.”

“I understand mom...” Sinach sighed, “I will talk to him tonight.”

King walked in clutching his head. He groans "good morning.” “Good morning” Sinach smiled.