Chapter 12

Distance is just a test to see how far love can travel.

•|•|•|•|•

It is finally art week and the final day of performances has arrived. It is the day King and Aramide were going to perform. In the large hall, the audience is watching the drama by the drama students. There is an intermission and people leave to go to the bathroom.

At the backstage, Aramide watched curiously from behind the curtains. 'Wow, so many people are here' she marveled. She was dressed in a blue lacy off shoulder gown and her make up was very simple. She had nude lipstick on.

"Ready silent witch?" King asked startling Aramide. He was dressed in a pale blue thin material to match Aramide. It was a shirt that stopped above his knees and a trouser with a similar material.

King looked at down at Aramide smug and amused at her startled state. Aramide glared at him and brought out her phone to type. Don't call me that! I am not a witch, if anyone is, you are! Don't forget that I hate you very much even though we are dancing. I still won't forget you told everyone my dad was a kidnapper.

King grinned, "you know it's true and I won't forget you kicked a ball at my face. You broke my nose."

Aramide smirked upon remembering it and typed. She crossed her arms once King read it. 'It was worth it.'

King looked at her deadpan and she stared back him daringly. "I don't know what you guys are discussing but stop" Mr Onilarin said. Aramide and King turned to him.

"We can't discuss anything, she is silent" King taunted. Aramide glared and raised her leg to step on his foot.

"No! Stop!" Mr Onilarin shouted panicked. Aramide stopped her leg in mid air. Mr Onilarin continued, "His foot is his instrument of dancing nothing must happen to it. If you two don't behave, I will have you suspended."

Aramide and King groaned at the same time. "After this drama is your performance, get ready" Mr Onilarin said, "don't let each other go, don't step on each other's toe, don't do anything that will ruin it for us."

Aramide and King nodded in agreement and went off to practise. Aramide stood practicing her part in silence and King watched her. She looked so peaceful while dancing. She didn't have any of those faces she made when he was around her. King observed all this.

Suddenly, his phone rang gaining Aramide's attention. King saw 'Dad' on the caller ID and walked to a corner. Aramide watched him carefully and saw him go to the stairs leading down the stage. She followed him. She saw him standing before a man and a woman.

"You didn't have to come here" Aramide heard King say. He sounded oddly colder and distant than before.

Sam smiled, "your mom and I wanted to see you before you performed."

"That woman is not my mother" King said coldly and Aramide glared at him.

'He is so rude' She thought, 'how dare him say something rude to someone who is older than him? What a manner less brat. But truly, is she his mother or what?' Aramide noted the woman looked sad to hear that.

"We have lived together for years now, isn't that enough for you to accept me?" the woman asked sadly.

"You are not my mom and that's the truth. I have to go before you ruin my mood. You might jinx my performance anyways." King said annoyed and turned to leave but saw Aramide watching them in the corner. His face contorted in rage.