Chapter 2

But...why does the sensation that I've lost something linger for a long time after I wake up?

•|•|•|•|•

At the house, Sandra is looking at a picture of Dave.

"Dave,oh Dave" Sandra sighs "it is such a shame you left the world so young. you didn't deserve to die like that".

Sandra shuts her eyes and remembers the time she spent with him. The loud noise of a car horn interrupts her thoughts.

Sandra goes outside and smiles seeing Aramide, Moyo jump out of the car.

"Mommy!" Moyo says and jumps on Sandra. Sandra carries him "my baby, how are you?".

"Fine but the teachers are very bad. They scold me for no reason" Moyo says.

"Really?I will have them fired!" Ken says dramatically.

"Keep quiet Ken, we don't have to grant their every request" Sandra scolds.

"Okay dear" Ken says. They enter the house.

"You guys seem to have forgotten about me. It is not fair" Aramide pouts.

"I would never forget you my princess" Ken smiles "go and change so we can talk".

Later, Ken sits watching TV and Aramide joins him.

"Have you done your homework?" Ken asks,his gaze not leaving the TV.

"Yes daddy" Aramide answers. She stares at the TV as Ken changed the station. He stops at Hip TV and a musician is singing and dancing. He picks up the remote and wants to change it.

"No daddy! wait, I want to see some new dance moves" Aramide says. She watches the people dancing intensely. Ken smiles.

Later, in Aramide's room, she is sleeping. She has dreams,disturbing dreams.

Dave seemed to notice the bright smile on my face because he scowled. "Why do you have a smile on your face? You look like you've never seen something like this before".

"That's because I haven't" I said,twirling round to get a better view. "I told you I have never left the four walls of my home".

Dave looked shocked. "Wait you were serious?". He was about to put a key into the keyhole of the fourth door to the right.

"Yeah" I said turning to him. He seemed to be paying genuine attention to me now. "I know it sounds unrealistic and untrue but it is true. For twenty three years of my life,I have never really stepped out to see the world. It's really sad". I pouted.

.....

"So,why didn't you try to convince your parents that you didn't need to be protected from the world?" Dave asked. "I mean,won't you eventually get married and leave them?".

"I tried but they didn't listen. Why do you think I escaped?".

"So what do you plan to do now that you're out? Prove to them you can take care of yourself?".

"Oh,no" I replied,getting a bit excited now that I was about to reveal my real goal. "I escaped for this sole purpose,to fulfill the rest of my wishes".
......

She sighed and mumbled, “Okay, bye…my King”. She giggled mischievously.

I turned around and raised an eyebrow confused. “my king?” I questioned, “what is that?”.