Chapter 52

It hurts when you have someone in your heart, But you can't have them in your arms.

•|•|•|•|•

The Uwem family and Moyo, Aramide and Ken stood opposite each other at the door. "I will miss you a lot Ara" Sinach said hugging Aramide. Aramide smiled softly and hugged her back.

"I will miss you too. I really loved staying with your family" she replied and pulled away.

"You can always come to visit us. We won't mind" Sam said and Moyo and Aramide smiled and nodded.

Sam and Vivian make small talk with Ken as they walked him out. Moyo talked to Sinach and Aramide followed them idly. King walked next to her and nudged her.

"What?" Aramide gave a small smile.

"Nothing...I am just going to miss you" King said.

"Me too" Aramide said looking down sadly. She turned to King with a small smile, "I want to thank you King."

"For what?"

"For...everything. for giving me a nice family like yours to spend time with" Aramide said, "and I am glad we are...friends, we can finally put the past behind us...seeing as you are getting married and all."

"Will you come?" King asked tentatively.

"To your wedding?"

King nodded.

"Yeah" Aramide's voice is strained, "of course, just let me know when. I'll come visit too so don't worry."

King smiled and they reached the main gate. Ken and Moyo loaded the suitcases into a car and King went to help them.

Aramide, Moyo and Ken entered the car and everyone waved goodbye. Aramide saw Ivana arrive and go to King. She gulped and looked away and Moyo and Ken noticed this.

They drove out of the compound.

Later, at Aramide's new home. Aramide laid down on her bed in her new room. She kept replaying all the time she spent King. All her arguments with him, the kisses they shared and how they protected each other.

She ended up crying as she remembered him announcing his marriage with Ivana to everyone.

Moyo and Ken walked in abruptly and Aramide immediately turned to the wall to hide her tears. "Okay, you have to tell us everything Ara" Moyo said worried, "i know something is up with you and King so tell us."

"Nothing" Aramide answered but her dry voice gave her away. She wiped her tears and said, "N-nothing is wrong, why would you imply that?"

"We are your family Ara, please tell us the problem" Ken said. Aramide stayed quiet for a while and felt the bed dip.

Ken and Moyo had sat on the bed and were patiently waiting for Aramide to tell them.

"It's because of King isn't it?" Moyo asked quietly but Aramide didn't reply.

"I know you are in love with King Ara" Ken said gently.

"I'm not in love with him" Aramide said in a muffled voice, feeling the urge to cry.

"Don't lie to me, tell me the truth" Ken said softly. Aramide finally turned to Ken and Moyo and they saw her glassy eyes.

Aramide burst into tears and Ken and Moyo supportively consoled her.

•|•|•

A few days later, at the Uwem mansion, Aramide and Moyo came to see the family and decided to help Sinach and Nonso clear out a shed in the compound.