Chapter 15

Sometimes, crying is the only way your eyes speak when your mouth can't explain how broken your heart is.

•|•|•|•|•

About 2 months later, Aramide tried her best to convince Adam she loves him but Adam was hurt and didn’t believe her. Later, at the theatre class, Mr. Onilarin was addressing the students.

“Okay everyone, very soon another set of students will graduate and we have been opportuned to perform on their valedictory Service.”

That means King is leaving this year. Aramide texted Tomiwa. I am going to prank him good.

I think the one about his family was enough. Tomiwa texted back.

No, it wasn’t. That was a very weak prank. He made me lose Adam and my voice. He deserves worse.

“...pay attention miss Alordiah” Mr. Onilarin scolded.

Aramide bowed her head apologetically.

“Aramide, you will be the opening act so I need you prepared” Mr. Onilarin said, “the last year students are graduating in less than six months so I need you all prepared.”

“Okay sir” the students chorused and began leaving. Class was over. Outside, King stood leaning on the wall. He looked sideways as if he was waiting for someone. Wesley stood next to him with crossed arms.

“...King, stop this useless game you and Ara are playing” Wesley said upset, “you ruined her voice, she ruined your life, you are ruining hers…it's so stupid!”

“I don't blame her though” he continued annoyed. “You could have killed her with that little stunt you pulled. Her revenge is justified.”

“Will you shut up Wes?!” King snapped annoyed, “she told everyone my mom was crazy and I am never going to forget that.” He looked away, “I've said it and I am going to say it again....I will not stop until I see her shedding tears. Until I see her broken.”

“You are hopeless” Wes sighed disappointed. He took a look at King and walked away. King looked in the direction of the building and saw students coming out. He stood up quickly when he saw Aramide and her friends walking away.

“Witch!”

Aramide froze when she heard his voice but she ignored him and continued walking. King stared at her lazily and ran to her stopping she and her friends.

“What do you want King?” a girl asked defensively.

King looked at her and sneered, “none of your business.” The girl sulked at him and he turned to Aramide. Aramide looked away from him.

“Come with me” he said and grabbed her wrist. He dragged her with him and she protested.

“Hey! King, leave her alone” one of her friends yelled but King ignored them. They watched as he dragged Aramide away.

“Shouldn’t we have stopped them? What if King does something terrible?” a girl asked worried. Everyone looked in the direction they went.

“I still believe Aramide can handle it, after all. She has been doing that for so long. And it’s better not to get involve din their beef.” A guy said hopefully. The rest of them nodded uncomfortably in agreement.

In a more empty corner, Aramide finally broke free of King’s grasp and glared at him. She looked at her wrist and winced. King looked at her nonchalantly.

Aramide shoved his chest and yelled in her head. Why are you so annoying?!

“You are getting weak Witch. Have you really given up?” King said slowly, “if so, let everyone know you lost and I won.”