Chapter 44

It's easy to avoid the person you love but not the feelings.

•|•|•|•|•

"Araaaa!!!"

"Shalom!" Aramide shouted back excitedly from her position on the stairs. Shalom stood downstairs smiling and Aramide ran to her. The two friends hugged, laughing and jumping.

"I missed you so much" Aramide said smiling.

"I missed you too. I had a business trip and it was important for me to leave" Shalom explained, pulling away from the hug.

"I know" Aramide answered.

"I heard you were staying here with King and I was surprised but happy to hear you guys are getting along" Shalom said. Aramide gestured for her to sit down and they talked.

While they talked, King came downstairs and saw them. "...I came to see you and-oh, hi King" Shalom said cheerily. King nodded in response.

"You've stolen my best friend Shalom. I haven't seen Wes in a month" King said good-naturedly. He smiled at her.

Shalom smiled shyly and Aramide gaped at her. "Well, he came to see me while I was in Bayelsa state" Shalom said.

"Seriously?!" Aramide said shocked. She dramatically placed the back of her hand on her forehead and said, "I feel so betrayed, abandoned by my best friend."

Shalom and King chuckled at her and Aramide pointed accusingly at King. "this is all your fault. You introduced Wesley to Shalom." Aramide playfully said.

"Stop being dramatic" King rolled his eyes at her theatrics. "they only met because you and I knew each other."

"Forget that" Shalom said, "I am glad I bumped into you King. I wanted to invite you guys to a pool party at my house...um, I mean Wes's house. Wes and I are living together now."

"No way!" Aramide exclaimed then nudged Shalom with a coy smile. "You guys are moving fast"

"So are you two coming? The pool party is two days at 1" Shalom asked.

"I wouldn't miss a chance to hang out with my best buddy in his house" King said, "I'll be there."

"Me too" Aramide grinned. "but I don't have a bikini or something. What do I wear?"

"We will go shopping. We can finally hang out" Shalom suggested.

"Okay."

"I have to go, have fun" King said, leaving the house.

Later, at the shopping mall, Aramide and Shalom were shopping for a bikini. "...That is really scary. What sort of crazy person dies that? Hmm, I hope the stalking stop" Shalom said upset.

"Me too." Aramide sighed, "but King said he wouldn't let anything bad happen to me." Shalom shook her head.

"Moyo is right. I wonder how you and King can hold up this friend thing without..." Shalom shrugged. "Are you sure you aren't attracted to him?"

"Stop saying things like that" Aramide snapped offended, "it's annoying! Can't a guy and a girl be just friends?"

"You know in your case it's impossible" Shalom answered blankly.