Chapter 6

There is good and bad in all of us and it is up to us to decide what we're going to be.

•|•|•|•|•

About 2 weeks later, the children who made it to the competition come to the competition venue with their parents. The children stand on the stage and listen to the judges addressing them.

"I am Mr Robert."

"I am Mrs Temitope."

"And I am Mr Ejiofor, we are the judges and we welcome you to the 'kids got talent' talent show."

"You all have to showcase your talent, work hard to win first place because you know what the grand prize is" Mrs Temitope says, "what is it?".

"One million Naira, a million Naira" the children chorus.

"3 children will be eliminated at each round of the show. The first 14 children to be eliminated will get nothing. You will be given three days to practice your routine for each performance. Your performance must not be more than 20-25 minutes" Mr Robert says, "you must come here for practice and your room for practice will be provided."

"Today, you can mingle with your fellow contestants" Mr Ejiofor says and he and the judges leave.

"This is so cool, I am so proud of you" Shalom squealed and hugged Aramide.

"I know,I am so excited. I can't wait for my performance" Aramide grinned.

"Hi, I am Chiamaka" a fair girl says.

Aramide shakes her/Chiamaka's hand. "hi, I am Aramide. What do you do? I mean,what is your talent?".

"I cook."

"Wow, you are so young and you know how to cook?" Aramide marveled impressed.

"It's no big deal, what about you?" Chiamaka asked.

"Dancing."

"That's good. I can't dance,I am terrible at it" Chiamaka laughs.

"I don't understand why the judges want us to talk. They do know that this is a competition" a tall boy said.

"And you are?" Chiamaka asked.

"Tom."

"Even your name is boring" Chiamaka rolled her eyes. Aramide and Shalom laughed.

"Are you even in this competition?" Tom asked Shalom.

"No,my dad works here" Shalom answered.

"What is your talent?"

"I sing."

"Interesting, you must have impressed the judges for you to be in this competition" Chiamaka said.

"Yeah" Tom says arrogantly.

"Don't get too cocky" Aramide said.

"Hey, look at that guy. Ara, it's King. the guy you wanted to talk to" Shalom said, shaking her and pointing at King.

"It is him" Aramide gasped upon seeing him. She asked Shalom, "should I talk to him?".

"Sure" Shalom says pushing her.

"What is so special about him?" Chiamaka asked. She and Tom follow Shalom and Aramide.

"He dances and Aramide is impressed by him since the first day she saw him" Shalom answered. They stop in front of King.

"Hi, I am Aramide" Aramide smiled nervously. She offers her hand for an handshake.

King looks at her uninterested and raises an eyebrow. He slightly rolls his eyes and shakes her hand. They feel something strange and look at each other.