Chapter 54

I can fake a smile...
I can pretend to be happy...
I can do a lot of things but I can't pretend that I don't love you.

•|•|•|•|•

The dance ended and Ivana and King sat down. Some people from King’s workplace performed different dance acts but King was occupied with thoughts about Aramide and looked for her.

Where is she? I hope she is alright’ King thought worried. He quickly chastised himself, ‘What are you doing? Worrying about her? You are about to get married King, focus.’

Sam and Ivana's father looked at each other.

“Ayo.”

“Sam.”

They smiled softly. “It's nice to see you again” Sam said.

“Yeah, it reminds me of old times” Ayo said, sounding mature. A long time had gone by. “the girl that looks exactly like Katherine...who is she?” He asked curiously.

“She is Aramide. Sandra's daughter.”

“That's strange. She looks so much like Katherine. There is barely any difference” Ayo said surprised.

“I know. The stranger thing is that King who looks exactly like Dave is getting married to Ivana and not Aramide” Sam couldn’t help but point out.

“Yes. If Dave were alive, he would have married Katherine” Ayo said wistfully.

Time had passed since Aramide left and it made Ken and Moyo curious over where she went. “Where is Aramide?” Ken asked, “she has been gone for a long time.”

“I don't know” Moyo answered, “let me look for her.”

Moyo walked away to search for Aramide but he didn’t find her. He returned to the party and whispered in Ken's ear, “I can't find her. Do you think she left because she couldn’t watch the engagement.”

“It will be good if she watches it so she can let go of King, call her” Ken said and Moyo called but she wasn’t picking up.

Sinach walked up to Moyo and asked, “what's up?”

“Have you seen Aramide?” Moyo asked worried.

“No. I haven't seen her since she left the dance floor.”

“That was nearly an hour ago” Moyo answered. Since she wasn’t answering the calls, he, Ken and Sinach went to search for her in the house.

They don't find Aramide and return to the party worried. Wesley and Shalom approached them. “Good evening, Good evening sir” Shalom greeted.

“Yes, good evening” Ken said distracted with worry.

Shalom noticed the worried expression on their faces and her smile dropped. “What happened?” She asked.

“We can't find Aramide. She has been missing for nearly two hours now.” Ken said worried.

“She might have gone home” Shalom suggested.