Chapter 13

In a sea of people, my eyes will always search for you.

•|•|•|•|•

“Come on Ara, let yourself have fun” a girl said, “come with me to the party.” Aramide is with some of her girlfriends in the hostel and the girl talking is Timilehin. She is inviting Aramide to a party.

Aramide smiled apologetically and typed on her phone. I don't know, I don't want any problems.

“There will be no problems. The semester will end soon and when I am gone, who knows when you will be invited to another party” Timilehin said pouting, “you have to come with me.”

Aramide typed. Fine, fine. I will come.

“Great, good decision Ara. Dress to impress, don't forget about that” Timilehin grinned happily.

The next day, Aramide was looking for a dress to wear when Vera walked in. “Hello? Getting ready for the party?” Vera asked.

Aramide picked up her phone. I am so nervous...and excited. I can't wait!

“I like your enthusiasm” Vera laughed. “Tomiwa and I are going to be there.”

Cool. Aramide typed. So what should I wear?.

“This works, wear this on top of the flower top” Vera said taking a look at the clothes she picked. Aramide raised the clothes up and nodded in agreement.

I think you are right. This is going to make me look very sexy. Aramide typed and Vera laughed, giving her a thumbs up.

At night, Vera and Aramide stood in the street close to their hostel. Aramide leaned on Vera tired. Vera frowned and scrolled through her phone. Aramide typed on her phone, My legs are getting tired.

“I wonder where Timilehin is” Vera said annoyed, “we have been waiting here for more 10 minutes. If I had known, I would have just followed Becky.” A red Lamborghini arrived and stopped in front of them. Vera and Aramide looked at it warily.

The front window rolled down and they see Timilehin. “Timi? Finally!” Vera said relieved.  Vera and Aramide looked and saw a guy driving the car and Timilehin sitting next to him.

“hi” Vera waved at him, Aramide did the same.

“Get in” Timi smiled. Aramide and Vera entered the backseat.

“Girls, this Mike, my boyfriend” Timi said proudly. She looked at Mike smiling and Mike smiled back.

“Hi girls” Mike said.

“Thanks for picking us up” Vera thanked and Aramide nodded in agreement.

“No biggie” Timi smiled.

“As she said” Mike agreed with Timilehin.

At the club, King is there with John and some of his other friends. King is drinking and glaring at the wall. “King, forget about what Ara did” John said worried, “if you keep thinking about it–”

“I will never forget it” King said looking at him. He looked dead serious, gripping the glass in his hand tightly. “I promise, Ara will regret it.”

Just then Aramide, Vera, Timi and Mike walk in. King glared angrily at Aramide and downed a cup of alcohol. “Dang” John muttered once he saw Aramide. Not sure if that comment was on the fact that King and Aramide were in a party in the same place or that she looked so incredibly gorgeous.

 Not sure if that comment was on the fact that King and Aramide were in a party in the same place or that she looked so incredibly gorgeous