Chapter 29

I saw your face in a crowded place and I don't know what to do because I'll never be with you.

•|•|•|•|•

Aramide stared at King shocked. Tears streamed down her cheek. Y-you...what? You... Aramide thought. Her brain was undergoing a mental breakdown.

King stood up and stared at her triumphant and amused. Aramide got up and slapped him but that didn’t seem to faze him. She hit his chest repeatedly and mouthed, I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!.

King held her arms and stopped her from moving. He stared at her indifferently while she looked down and cried. She pushed him and typed on her phone. I hate you so much and I wish you nothing but suffering. I wish I slept with that disgusting pervert Adam. It would have been better than you.

That pissed King off and King looked Aramide angrily. He kissed her angrily and it seemed punishing. Aramide tried to push him away but King has her trapped in his grip. Aramide turned her head away and he kissed her neck.

Aramide tried to stop him and cried when she can't find the strength to do so. King pushed her on the bed and pinned her hands above her head.

Aramide looked away and cried. King leaned closer and kissed her neck. Aramide got tired of struggling and gave up, crying in defeat. King continued kissing and biting her neck but suddenly stopped as if realizing something.

He got up and stared at Aramide in horror and worry. worry etched on his face. Aramide looked at him with teary eyes and shifted to the headboard of the bed. She adjusted her gown and hugged her knees. She buried her face in her knees and sobbed.

King ran his hands through his hair and grunted. “Crap” he muttered and walked out of the room.

Aramide sniffed and wiped her tears. She went to the bathroom and washed her face. She dried her face and walked out of the room.

Later, Aramide is still her home crying. She thought of how much King has hurt her and clutched the pillow for support.

At a club, King is sitting by the bar and is drinking alcohol. He looked halfway drunk. Wes arrived and he looked worried.

“What is going on King? What happened?” Wes asked worried. He took a seat next to King.

“I told Aramide the truth" King said dazedly.

“You did?” Wes exclaimed surprised. He took a seat, “I know what happened next was not pretty. What was her reaction?”

“She hates me...and I snapped.”

“What did you do?” Wes asked suspiciously.

“i...I almost raped Ara” King said still dazed and took a swig of the alcohol.

Wes's eyes widened in shock. “You almost what?! Are you mad?!”. Wes shoved him but King doesn't budge. He just stared ahead with a dazed look.

“How could you have done something so stupid?!” Wes yelled, “this why you wanted her in the competition so you could play with her?! Ruin her?!”

King faced Wesley, “it wasn't my intention. I don't know what happened to me.” King dropped his head on the table.

“I don't know what it is about her. I find myself drawn to her. Since the day we met, we’ve been a part of each other's life” King looked up, “I remember when I first saw her...at the talent show, she chased after the car because of me. She made an impression on me, she interested me.”