Paradise

"Carrie is a classic - and they don't have it." Someone muttered on the opposite side of the shelf I was casually scanning for god-knows-what.

"The shock," I muttered, pulling out a Sophie Kinsella novel and thumbing through the first few pages. 

"It's an atrocity."

"A disgrace."

"You're being sarcastic."

"A romance novel. How did I guess?"

The man was suddenly standing at my right elbow, checking the back of my book. I took a step away from him. 

"What are you doing?" I asked in a strangled voice. 

He quirked an eyebrow, looking down at me. "Relax. I'm not attacking you or anything, am I?"

"Go back to finding that book." I was strangely shaken by his blonde-hair-blue-eyed stereotypical boy-nextdoor-look. Hell, he was even in a t-shirt and jeans. Who did I know besides Paul that still wore band tees?

"I think I've found something better," he said gently, bracing himself with one hand on the shelf. "Are you joining the book club?"

"Not this Friday. Maybe the next one." I shivered under the scrutiny. "What are you reading?" I asked quickly.

"Why don't you stay for tonight's meeting?" He asked, ignoring my question. He reached out and brushed a strand of hair out of my face, his blue eyes sparkling. 

"I...I don't-"

"I'm David. You are...?"

"Y/N."

"Y/N. Beautiful." He said softly. Without warning, he pushed me up against the book shelf. "What are you thinking right now?"

His sudden forwardness scared the living hell out of me. "That I'm going to scream." I hissed, glancing wildly around him. "Leave me alone."

"You wouldn't," David said, his body still flush against mine. "Something tells me that for all your talk, you don't like attracting attention to yourself. Am I right?"

I glared up at him. "Fuck you."

"Feisty."

We stared at each other for a long moment  - and then David boldly mashed his lips against mine. I twisted my neck, trying to resist him, but when it was obvious that he was an amazing kisser, my will crumbled and I responded in equal strength.

As he pressed against me, I felt something digging into my gut. And that sent tremors through my body. His arms snaked around my waist and his hands cupped my ass. Completely forgotten, the Kinsella novel fell to the carpet with a light thud when I looped my arms around David's neck. 

He groaned into my mouth, biting my bottom lip. "You should come tonight. In more ways than one." He released me abruptly. 

I fell back to earth and came back to my senses. Disentangling myself from him, I shot him a dark look. "Goodbye."

"See you tonight?"

"Go to hell," I fumed, turning on my heel.