Part 3

I promised the person who requested this at least 3-4 parts, so here is the third part. I don't know if there will be a part four.

The Ritz

"What is she doing here?" Dwayne points at an unconscious Carly and snaps his fingers in frustration. "Max is going to be pissed if we turn another one without his knowledge and him being here."

"We know. But if you kill her, my parents will be on you within a day." Luci crosses her arms. "And she's my only real friend."

"Ouch, Luc." Marko slaps her from behind.

"Marko, that hurt!" Luci returns the favor. "She's only real human friend."

Paul butts into the heated conversation with his 2 cents. "Surprisingly, she didn't scream or freak out once she realized what we are."

"I'm just glad you're back in one piece, Luci. I can't live without you." Dwayne crushes Luci in his arms, treating her like a porcelain doll. "We can figure out what to do with her tomorrow evening. For now, we need to sleep." He leads her to Star's extra bed and yanks the covers aside for her to settle in and be the little spoon. "You're never risking your immortal life again for a minor detail in your life."

"She's not minor." Luci huffs. "Carly has been the only one to actually get to know me, unlike you." She pouts.

"Oh. She's special to you." Dwayne realizes. "I'm sorry, Lucifer." He calls Luci by her least favorite nickname from David, the one that made her seem like a monster.

"Well, duh." She turns to face the wall and gives Dwayne the cold shoulder. "Whatever. You don't really care for those minor details." She quotes him and shuts her eyes as the sun sets.

-W-

The next night

When Luci wakes up, she notices Carly gone and nudges Dwayne.

"Babe, she's gone."

Dwayne barely wakes before remembering who she was talking about.

"Where?" He sleepily mumbles.

"I don't know." Luci mutters, stumbling out of bed. "But she's obviously bleeding". She dabs her fingers in the crimson liquid and sniffs it.

"What are you getting?" Dwayne leans down beside her.

"It's definitely fresh. And the path leads down there." She points in the direction of Paul's bedroom and trails after it like a bloodhound.

Dwayne bursts into Paul's room to find him and Carly aggressively making out. Carly's mouth is wrapped around his wrist that is showing proud flesh.

"This is not what I was expecting." Dwayne says.

Carly glances up at the doorway with a bloody mouth. "Umm...surprise?"

"Did you know?" Dwayne points fingers at Paul.

"What? Man, of course not!" Paul shouts.

"Well, David can't kill her now. Right?" Luci asks.

"He's got a say in who goes, luci. So I guess we'll see." Dwayne hugs her tightly.

"Why didn't you tell me, Carly?"

"Your parents are hunters. I didn't want them coming after me."

"Carly, they know what I am. And they're fine with it as long as I don't kill anyone innocent." Luci hugs her best friend. "I love you, girly."