I Still Believe

Michael X Reader

You paced the sandy ground, working a trench as you nervously walked back and forth as your nerves built a wall in your mind.

The previous week, you signed up for a competition and won the grand price which resulted in you flying out immediately from Colorado to California for the chance to sing with Tim Capello and his band.

And singing on stage with a huge crowd kickstarted your heart into a nervous breakdown.

You fell to your knees with tears running down your cheeks. The pain of your spine rolling and cracking caused you to scream out, attracting any and all attention, including a certain mop-haired, brown haired seventeen year old.

"You alright, Y/N?" Tim stuck his hand on your shoulder and you nodded. "We go on stage in a minute, so you'll come out when you're called."

"Okay," you sniffled, re-doing your makeup as the band and Tim with his saxophone step through the curtain to face millions. "I guess it's time to face the music." You enter on stage right and calm your anxiety. "Hello, everyone. You're probably wondering who I am." The crowd cheers. "My name is Y/N and I won that contest Tim hosted." Your heartbeat sped up from the excitement of the crowd and you started the concert, although you followed your body's orders and dashed off stage.

And that's where you met Michael Emerson; he had seen you run off stage, thinking something was wrong and he calmed you down.