Maniac 2.0

The voices raged in your head, your conscious mind struggling to shut them out.

You'd been diagnosed with so many false disorders and have had so many pills forced down your throat, you've become so numb to the teasing from your siblings.
And the voices only increased once you'd arrived at the center of attention in Santa Carla, California.

Then you met them. Or well, glanced at them.
They were different and the voices vanished altogether.

"Please tell me they're not coming this way." You rhetorically asked. "Shit."

"We can't hear you anymore." The tall platinum blonde mumbled. "Why'd you shut us out?"

"Am I supposed to know you?" You cross your arms and realize the four boys are surrounding you like prey.
The tall, dark and handsome Lost Boy tots with your piercings and you swat his hand away, only for him to go back at it. "Never mind who you are, what are you?" You eye all of them.

"How do you not know who we are?" The smallest one asks, dancing his fingertips along your sides.

"You're the Lost Boys. It just took me a moment to analyze your faces." You smiled nervously, not wanting to tip them off. "What are you? Definitely not human, otherwise these citizens wouldn't be keeping their distance and mumbling under their breath."

"You know what we are, and we know what you are. The voices can be answered later." They all answer.

"Vampires." You mumble.

"Dream walker?" The leader asks.

"Sandman, actually." You give a grim smile. "I'm sort of a criminal because I cause nightmares that can get to the point of mentally torturing the weak minded."

The truth was ugly, but they deserved to know.

"It's a good thing we accept criminals in our family then."

I'm back. But only for a little while. Internet has been suspended on my phone and computer so I probably won't get it back till the end of summer.