Top Of The World

Marko X Reader

It didn't matter where you moved: Colorado, Wyoming, Arizona, California. Your body count rose higher and higher, but the cops never really discovered who was murdering criminals, for all evidence was burned at the kill site.

Santa Carla had no shortage of criminals, so your meals were more of a grab n go, rather than leaving them alive. The men and women wouldn't be missed. You tracked each of them through their missing profiles.

But you also noticed another gang leaving behind fire pits full of corpses, drained of their blood. And you had to wonder if they were like you and if they had ideas on controlling the bloodlust that powered your very being.

That evening you were slinking along in the shadows and stalking your prey with human features. All the girl would see was a beautiful redhead then...death. She'd be dead and your stomach would be full.

But that never happened. Instead, you ran face-first into a broad chest and took a hesitant step back, the hunger disappearing from your mind as you focused on gathering your wits and re-training your hunger ridden brain.

Your prey cowered behind the leader with fear in her eyes as the hunger raged through your veins and tried to take over again.

"Stop!" The gang member shook you roughly and his freezing grip sent shivers down your spine. "She belongs to us."

"So...are you the police or something?" You tease, taking in their unprofessional attire. "Y'all don't exactly look the part." You eye the girl and feel your heart race.

"The cops won't do nothing these days, but we manage what we can." The youngest member says, sizing you up with a gaze that made you sweat. "What are you doing here?"

"I-umm....I live here." You scratch the back of your head. "I've been hunting the criminals, but I guess it's attracted more attention."

"The fact that you've been noticed by us does worry the citizens, so I'd suggest coming with us and we can teach you everything." The oldest one smiles at you, but it's more scary than friendly.

"I'm doing just fine on my own." You huff and turn to walk away. "I don't need babysitters who are already despised by humanity."

One moment you're dead set on escaping the nuisance boys with your back turned, then you're being pressed against the alleyway brick wall, pinned by the youngest vampire of the gang by your wrists and ankles. He couldn't have been more than eighteen years old with shorter, curly blonde hair and blueish brown eyes with a wife beater to match, but boy was he a sight for sore eyes.

A grumble came from the other boys and he pulled away, only to keep you pinned as they sauntered away. "You belong to me." He growls, kissing you in a way that makes your knees go weak.

"I belong to no one." You knee him in the groin and make a run toward the beach, blending in with the Surf Nazis, the only other gang who knew you and wanted you apart of them instead of being a toy for the Lost Boys. You stuck your tongue out at the vampire as Mason drags you to their makeshift dance floor around a fire teepee with "Walk This Way" by Run DMC blasting over the concert music. "Just distract me, Mase. My night has been beyond chaotic."

He makes love bites all along your neck and shoulder, leaving sloppy kisses to cover go the pain.
The drug-addict couldn't help himself when he got the chance just to touch and fondle you, but it wasn't long till your stomach growled and you were reminded about the little mouse playing you right into a trap.

"Want to grab a bite?" Mason asks, slinging his arm around your waist. "I got paid yesterday."

"Glad to hear you got the job, Mase!" You hug him tightly. "How good is the pay?"

"Ten bucks per hour, but it's literally just stacking comics." Mason rambles on about the job as you order dinner from the nearest vendor. "The Frog family, especially the two sons, have this huge vendetta against the other gang on this boardwalk and even gave me this cross which I thought was just weird since vampires don't exist..." he sees your face and you laugh. "Sorry, Y/N. I tend to rant when I'm around someone I like." Mason blushes despite him being the older one between you two.