Ghosts

The shadows popped up here and there, taunting her to end it all. Some tried messing with the human world, but the bones were rapidly 'salted n burned' by her.

She thought she was crazy. Her parents didn't understand why she tripped down the stairs, threw items and broke them, and clocked herself into a mental hospital to cure the mystery of a ghost or poltergeist murdering patients by driving them insane.
The doctors had brushed her off as someone with schizophrenia and sleep insomnia. So they were the most surprised when she killed the poltergeist in its own form. She knew she wasn't crazy.

But even now, here in Santa Carla, her life still wasn't close to 'normal'.
The ghosts showed up at the foot of her bed, in her closet and outside her room, dressed in the tattered pieces of fabric they died in. Most bored her to death with their stories, while others taught her a life lesson. Their energy was electrified and most had an anchor keeping them tethered to the human world with unfinished business on their minds.

Santa Carla's population had been dwindling for the past few months and she thought her head was going to burst with the amount of bodies showing up without souls. They all said the same thing; they were viciously murdered by vampires.
And she was going to stop the bloodbath, once and for all.

That evening, Oceana strutted along the boardwalk, scanning the crowd for the exact description of the vampires and she spots them; they're hanging outside the borders of the carousel. They're covered in human blood and she rolls her eyes.

"Maybe keeping a low profile would lessen the number of those missing posters." She suggests, not really knowing what else to say. "You must be the vampires they're talking about."

"Get out of here while you still can, sweetheart." One of the blondes coos.

"Or what?" She taunts.

"Or you'll end up like them."

"I wouldn't try that." She snaps herself out.

"Damnit, she got away." Paul sneers.