Route 66

Part 2

Luci flew down Route 66 on the back of her best friend's motorcycle, living precariously on the edge of danger.
Paul followed closely behind on his jacked-up wheels, smoking a joint in the night air.

"Slow down. We're close." Luci yells to Carly as they near the dirt path to her favourite cliff-jumping spot. "This is it."

Carly halts the bike along the railing and dismounts, shaking her helmet hair out before disappearing into the indoor female restrooms.
Luci follows the blonde girl and changes into her purple bikini with white flip flops.

"I need to grab my flashlight." Carly pops over to her motorcycle's bag and digs around in the darkness.

Luci freezes when warm breath fans over her ear and rough, calloused hands grab her waist, before whirling around and kneeing her attacker in the groin. "Let me go!" She gallops our of the bathroom as if hell's on her heels and breaks up an unexpected intimate interaction between Carly and Paul.

"You good? I heard you scream." Carly pats Luci's shoulder, completely embarrassed that her relationship with the pothead had been discovered.

"Uh huh. Just a cobweb." Luci laughs nervously. Paul studies her jumpy heartbeat and gives Luci a questionable expression. She knew it was Dwayne, he was very stubborn about letting her go. "Let's just go with her before Carly worries about us." She follows after Paul under the full moon light.

~W~

Luci cautiously approached the cliff edge, toeing the end before leaping and landing in the water with a splash.
She watches as Carly tumbled through the air and lands behind the rocks in front of her. Blood surrounds her in the water and Luci stifles her hunger for the fresh stuff.

Carly swims to Luci and covers the scratch with her hand. "Whoops. Must've hit my arm on a sharp rock." She reaches for Luci's hand. "I think we should go. I've got first aid in my bag."

"I'll be up there in a minute." Luci says, climbing onto shore.
Her fangs poke at her gums, but she forced the hunger away before climbing back up the rope to the cliff. "Can we go?" She asks Carly who's unabashedly making out with Paul out in the open and she backs away upon seeing her best friend's wacky eyes. "Don't. I can explain."

"That's definitely not a trick of the light."

"No, it's not." Luci sighs. "Paul and I....we're vampires."

"Oh, that's sick." Carly pumps her fist. "I sorta guessed you were vampires."

Paul uses his speed to get closer to Carly and knocks her out. "Now she has to die."

"Or be one of us." Luci suggests.

"Either way, both Dwayne and Max will be pissed." Paul sighs.

There will be a part 3