Chapter 38

I stood up a bit too quickly, stumbled forward and thew my arms around both of the boys. They squeezed me tight between them for a few seconds before stepping away. I rubbed my jaw before speaking, my voice coming out slightly scratchy from not using it for anything other than screaming recently.

"I missed you guys."

"We missed you too little mate." Tyler answered over the alarm.

"You have no idea... But for now, we have to get out of here before we get caught." Seth shouted.

I looked around at the others in the group. Maya was standing just outside the door and Grey was standing over an unconscious Caleb. He was the one who removed that thing from my head.

"We should take him with us." I yelled.

"Yeah, we can use him to get out more easily than we came in." Tyler agreed.

I briefly wondered how they had come in at his statement, but brushed it off for later when Grey picked up Caleb. He single handedly carried him down the hall. We followed close behind as he seemed to know where he was going. I noticed that most of the doors we passed had been kicked in, some sporting claw marks while others where simply dented in. I was going to have a lot of questions for these guys once we where free.

Tyler was holding my hand, refusing to let go in case something happened. Though the adrenaline running through my veins was more than enough to keep me upright and moving for the next three days. They led me to a different staircase then the one used for the previous escape. It was located in a part of the building I had never been in. 

Unfortunately, after shoving the broken door out of the way for Grey to pass, I found out that these stairs only led to the floor above, not all the way up to the main floor.

"Is this here you came from?" I asked.

"Yes, we have to move up one floor at time until we reach the top. We came in through a back door." Seth answered.

"There's going to be guards there by now." I said.

"No worries, we can get through them easily with all of us together." Seth tried to reassure me.

"Just be mindful of their weapons. They've got some pretty high tech stuff in here, I don't know what will happen if someone gets shot." I explained.

"Ok, we'll be careful." Tyler stated for the group.

We rushed up the stairs and to the level above. The door was busted there too. Maya used to powers to scan for any brain waves in her range of detection that where not our own. Once she gave us the all clear, we rushed into the hall. They started down the hall to the right, retracing their steps. At one point, we passed by a hall with a class case encrusted in the wall. The others paid it no mind and continued passed the hall, but for some reason, it attracted my attention. I stopped in my tracks, forcing Tyler to some to a halt as well. I could not see what was inside it from where I was standing so I turned into the hall. My back started prickling with every step I took closer to it.

"What's wrong? Where are we going?" Tyler asked, glancing over his shoulder at the others who had yet to notice our separation. 

I didn't answer him, too transfixed on the glass to get my thoughts organized. I did notice however, that one person from the group that had continued on, came back towards us, following us down the hall.

"What's..." Seth started, but cut himself off as we reached the case.

Inside where both my wings, pinned up to the wall like a trophy on display. A shiver ran down my spine at seeing them like that and then, blind rage took over.