-23-

He smiled and looked away as he placed his hands on my waist. He pulled me to his chest and hugged me tightly. I kissed his chin and he moved a strip of my hair to the back of my ear as he kissed me gently.

This position is weird, but romantic. I never thought this would happen to me. I giggled at the fact that I thought no guy will ever ask me out this year.

" Why are you laughing?"

" Because I have the best boyfriend in the world."

" I feel guilty now," he got up.

" Why?"

" Cuz I was mean to you in the beginning," he turned his back on him

" How many times? Forget the past, and focus on now," I back hugged him.

" Alright."

I pulled him to kiss and he patted my head as our lips disconnected. He intertwined his fingers with mine and we just forgot about the hunt and started following the fireflies.

The fireflies stopped all of a sudden and they all went their separate ways. Taetae and I saw a light post and found a bench to sit on. I placed my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes for a bit.

A couple of minutes later, I started hearing whispers. It was Taetae, of course. I didn't open my eyes because I wanted to hear what he was saying.

" I know you're resting for bit, but I can't help myself from talking. I remembered when we use to come here as kids. You would always run like crazy and bring your tiny water gun and spray water at me for being weird. You would always tell me to stop whining every time I see an aggressive tiny dog. You would always smile every time you saw the lake. You would always throw a coin into the lake and wish for something that you couldn't tell me. You would always catch fireflies and show them to me. At first, I found the fireflies disgusting, but the day we snuck out to the park with the fireflies made me change my mind. Well, you changed my mind."

He breathed in and out heavily.

" I don't know if you remember this, but when we snuck out, I thought of it as a date."

When I heard this, I couldn't remember. But when he's talking about it, I started to slowly remember what we had was precious and I plan on making more precious moments like these.

" You were so bored on that day and your parents were on a business trip and Mrs. Han was watching over you and Jin. You planned to sneak out that night with me, and I remember saying no multiple times but you got a hold of me and I somehow said yes. You were so happy and told me to meet you at the park where the lake is."

I tried not to smile because I know he will stop talking and say we have to find Jin.

" I waited for you there and you came with a tiny bag. You hugged me and you held me in your arms for so long, that I guessed I wanted to kiss you. But we were kids back then. I didn't know so much about love. But I did know about boyfriends and girlfriends. Ahahaha. What am I saying? You're not even listening," he stopped.

NOOOOOOOO! 

" I'm awake! I was listening to everything. Please continue," I pleaded.

" You were awake," he hid his face with his hair.

" Yes," I cupped his face. " I don't remember, but I would love to hear our first date."

Taetae turned red and nodded.

I snuggled onto his chest and listened to his sweet words.

" So inside your little bag was a camera. We took many pictures of the beautiful scenery. You said the lake was so pretty when moon shined on it. I agreed but I was staring at you. I remember this day so clearly. Then we just laid on the grass, looking at the stars. You would always ask questions that I had no answer to. We laughed and played. I grabbed the camera because I wanted to take pictures, but you didn't let me. We took a quick selfie and ran home together because a policeman caught us. He was so fat, he couldn't run at all. 

We both laughed.

"I dropped you off your house and you climbed back into your room through the window. You waved goodbye and I just stood there because I wanted to make sure you went to sleep. Then out of nowhere you popped your head and handed me the camera. You smiled and closed the windows. Ever since that day, my feelings for you grew more and I still have that camera," he finished, but his smile faded.

" What happened Taetae?" 

" Nothing," he pretended to smile.

He looked into my puppy eyes and pinched my cheeks. 

" Two weeks after that, you ran away and your parents died."

" Oh that...well that..." I didn't know what to say.

Taetae kneeled down in front of me and said...

" I know you forgive me, but I want you to know I'm sorry for everything."

I caressed Taetae's hair softly and lifted his chin. I placed a kiss on his forehead and smiled. I don't want him to be upset. I hate to see him like this. He's so disappointed in himself. I got up and started walking away.

Taetae started following me.