Spirits Pt. 2

Y/N and Mako finished putting the supplies on the camels to start their journey to the South Pole to open the Spirit Portal.

Korra: I thought Bolin was coming.

Mako: He said he'd be here. But I can't worry about it. I have to make sure you have everything you need for a safe trip.

Korra: Thanks, Captain Expedition. But I'll be fine.

Tonraq appears while riding his snowmobile while everybody looked at him.

Unalaq: Tonraq, what do you want?

Tonraq: I heard you're taking Korra to the South Pole. I'm coming.

Unalaq: Absolutely not. You're a distraction to Korra and a huge hindrance to what needs to be done.

Tonraq: My daughter is not going without me! She needs someone to watch after her.

Korra: Dad, why do you always think you know what's best for me?

Unalaq: Because he's misguided. The sad truth is men like your father put the spirit world out of balance. He's ignored my warnings in the past and hasn't learned since!

Korra: What happened in the past?

Tonraq: It doesn't matter. What matters is the everstorm.

Mako: The everstorm?

Tonraq: It's a massive blizzard that battered the South Pole for decades. I'm coming. Unless you think you can stop me.

Bolin: Guys! Hey, wait for me!

Y/N sees Bolin's new ride and he goes and walks off while holding his arm. Mako notices but he leaves him alone.

Y/N: Don't transform, don't transform.

The pain stops and Y/N looks back to see everyone ready. Y/N rides with Tonraq since he didn't want to ride on the camels. They then start their travels as Tonraq grew curious about Y/N since Korra didn't really talk about him much.

Tonraq: So, how did you and Korra meet?

Y/N: We met in Republic City.

Tonraq: So, why are you with them?

Y/N: They've given me a new home. A new family.

Tonraq: I see.

Y/N's arm was in pain and he quickly grabs onto it. Tonraq notices.

Tonraq: Are you all right?

Y/N: Yeah, don't worry just keep driving.

Y/N looks to see Naga turn around and growl loudly. Y/N turns back to see three spirits in the distance.

Korra: Easy, Naga. (the others look to see the spirits)

Bolin: What are those?

Korra: Dark spirits. (the mist appears and the spirits disappear)

Tonraq: Let's keep moving. We have to find a safe place to set up camp.

Tonraq and Y/N go ahead as they set up the camp. The others join and they all gather around the campfire.

Korra: Uncle, why do you think the dark spirits are following us?

Bolin: Can we not talk about dark spirits, please?

Mako: My brother doesn't like ghost stories.

Eska: Don't worry, I will protect you me feeble turtle duck.

Bolin: Thank you.

Unalaq: Sadly, this story isn't a ghost story. This is real. The spirits are angry because he's here. Haven't you ever wondered how your father ended up in the South Pole? Why he's never taken you to visit his homeland in the North?