Family

Y/N woke up as he heard a ringing noise. Y/N noticed Korra and Asami had woken up since they weren't next to him. Y/N knew something has happened at Republic City. Y/N was able to sense them but they disappeared. But, he was able to sense one familiar person.

Y/N: Zaheer...

Y/N gets up and he puts on his shirt. Until somone knocked on his door.

Y/N: Come in. (Bolin enters the room)

Bolin: Hey, Y/N.

Y/N: Oh, Bolin. Did you need something?

Bolin: I just need some advice.

Y/N: What is it?

Bolin: Well, I was offered to learn metalbending and I don't know if I should or not...

Y/N: Well, when I was in your shoes, I wanted to learn every sword style so I can use it for knowledge and to grow stronger. But, I was always given a choice to learn it or not. But, you have to follow what's best for you.

Bolin: Thanks. It makes my mind a little more clearer.

Y/N: No problem.

Bolin walks out of the room. Y/N looks out the window and he looks back at his grandfather's scroll. Y/N grabs his sword and the scroll and he goes out to the backyard. Y/N opens the scroll and he gently places it down on the podium. He draws his sword and he follows the stance step by step. Y/N would close his eyes and repeat the same steps over and over again until his body would be able to remember it. Y/N then heard somebody clapping and he looked to see it was Baatar.

Baatar: That was beautiful.

Y/N: Oh, uh... thanks...

Baatar: I know it must be weird talking to me.

Y/N: No, it's not that, it's just... It's just weird finding my family. Finding out that you guys were alive. It's just a lot to process this all at once.

Baatar: I understand. But don't be scared to come talk to me. I am your father after all.

Y/N: Okay.

Baatar walks away and Y/N sheathes his sword. Y/N grabs the scroll and he looks at it. Y/N saw another vision of his grandpa and Toph together. He even saw Lin and Suyin when they were younger. The vision stops and Y/N shakes his head.

Y/N: Why am I seeing these things?

Opal: Y/N?

Y/N: Oh, Opal. Did you need something?

Opal: Oh, I just came to check on you.

Y/N: What for?

Opal: I don't know. I guess I'm just curious about you... Having a long lost brother is a lot to take in.

Y/N: You too, huh?

Opal: You've been feeling the same?

Y/N: Yeah. Come sit. (sit on the stairs) Did you come here to know more about me?

Opal: Yeah, sorry! You don't have to...

Y/N: (smiles) It's fine. I'll be glad to tell you about me.

Opal: (smiles) Okay.

Y/N: So, what did you want to know?

Opal: Uh... how did you meet the Avatar?

Y/N: Starting from the beginning, huh?

Opal: (smiles) Yep.

Y/N: If I recall, we actually stopped some hoodlums on the street. After that I fled the scene and Korra got arrested.