13 Years Ago

Y/N was an eight-year-old boy but he was one of the best in the clan at that age. Y/N's grandmaster was teaching him how to move like the wind while holding a sword to perfect the techniques that he was taught.

Grandmaster: This sword stance is all about movement, Y/N. To move like the wind you must flow foward and back. Let the sound of the leaves and the wind guide you.

Y/N: Okay.

Y/N just stands there and he closes his eyes. He tries to picture the leaves and the sound of the bushes and trees rustling. But nothing came to his mind.

Y/N: Ugh, I can't think. (Grandmaster hits Y/N on the head) Ow!

Grandmaster: Don't think. Your mind must be empty.

Y/N: Okay.

Y/N closes his eyes but he wasn't thinking about anything this time. Y/N gets into the wind stance that grandmaster taught him.

Grandmaster: Good.

Y/N listens to the sound of the trees and the wind blows to his left. Y/N moves to the left as he was following the wind. Y/N hears a leaf snap off from the tree. Y/N stops and calmly waits. The leaf continues to fall but the wind blew it at Y/N's direction. Y/N felt the wind but knew there was something coming his way. Y/N then slices in the air as he opens his eyes to see the leaf split in half.

Y/N: I did it!

Grandmaster: Well done.

Clan Member 1: Grandmaster, there's someone who would like to speak to you.

Grandmaster: Who is it?

Clan Member 1: Chief Sokka.

Grandmaster: I shouldn't keep him waiting. Follow me, Y/N.

Y/N: Okay.

Y/N and his grandmaster went back to the house. Y/N opens the door as he saw Chief Sokka sitting down.

Grandmaster: Hello, Chief Sokka.

Sokka: Hello, Grandmaster.

Grandmaster: What brings you here to this fine evening?

Sokka: I need your help.

Grandmaster: What is it?

Sokka: One of my spies was killed in a mission that I assigned to him.

Grandmaster: And you want us to find the one who did it?

Sokka: We know who did it.

Grandmaster: Who was it?

Sokka: Your former student, Zaheer.

Grandmaster: He's back?

Sokka: Yes. We need your help stopping him.

Grandmaster: What has he done?

Sokka: He's planning to kidnap the Avatar.

Grandmaster: Very well. I'll offer you my assistance.

Sokka: Lord Zuko, Tonraq, Tenzin, and I will be there. Meet us on the mountain tonight.

Grandmaster: All right.

Sokka: Thank you.

Grandmaster: Of course. (Sokka looks at Y/N)

Sokka: What's your name kid?

Y/N: My name is Y/N, sir.

Sokka: Call me, Sokka.

Y/N: Okay.

Sokka: Is this your new student?

Grandmaster: Yes, he's a prodigy.

Sokka: I would love to see your sword play someday.