Meeting Kai

Y/N wakes up to see the others were putting on a show for the crowd to get the airbenders to join. Then the show ends as Y/N walks out of the airship.

Asami: Good morning sleepy head. You missed the show.

Y/N: I only saw the ending.

Asami: You missed Korra tossing Mako in the air.

Y/N: Heh. I sure would've loved to see that.

Asami: You slept for a long time. But why do you look so tired?

Y/N: I had a meeting it's nothing.

Asami: Okay.

???: Hey, if you're looking for an airbender you found one. (the kid airbends) I want to join you guys.

Bolin: That's how it's done!

Korra: We got our first recruit. Just to be totally clear. We're going to be heading to Ba Sing Se then the Northern Air Temple to live as nomads and rebuild the air nation. All that sound good to you?

???: Yeah. Ba Sing Se, rebuild the temple and nomad whaddya do. I'm in. Let's go right now.

Bolin: This is gonna be so great! You're gonna love it uh... uh... Real quick what's your name?

Kai: Kai. So when do we hit the road?

Tenzin: Hang on a second Kai. Where are your parents? We can't take you with us without permission.

???: They're... gone...

Bolin: You're an orphan?

Kai nods. Y/N walks away not listening to his story. Asami notices him and follows.

Y/N: I don't trust that kid.

Asami: Why?

Y/N: I just don't.

Asami: Y/N. Be nice. He lost enough already.

Y/N: I doubt that. (Asami pinches Y/N's cheek) Ow! Okay.

Asami and Y/N turn around as they saw everybody else entering inside the ship. Asami heads in after. Y/N walks up but he suddenly hears motorcycles behind him.

???: Release the boy. Or we'll take him by force.

The man's four servants earthbend as they were waiting for the signal to attack.

Y/N: What's the trouble?

???: That boy is to be taken in.

Y/N: Kid named Kai right?

Korra: If you want Kai then you're gonna have to go through me!

Korra jumps in the air but Y/N grabbed her by the collar before she did anything to attack them.

Y/N: Jeez, can you wait before attacking. Those guys are sheriffs.

Korra: How do you know that?

Y/N: The symbol on his chestplate.

Sheriff: That boy is a thief. Whatever he told you was a lie. We've been chasing him for months.

Korra: Where's Kai?

Mako: Right here. I found him slipping away.

Kai: I was going to the bathroom.

Y/N: Let me guess sack of gold huh?

Mako: Yep. (tosses it in front of Korra)

Kai: I told you I found that on the road.

Mako: Enough with the lies kid. I want the truth.