8

I woke up in a good mood, ready for the day! I was in a good mood from my interaction with Gigi yesterday.
Jan could tell I was happy so we decided that today was not the day for staying inside, we had no classes because it was almost halloween week and most people were preparing since this was such a big thing here. We decided to walk around campus and just have a chill day, doing what we want.

It was a surprisingly warm day for the end of October and it was the perfect Autumn day. All of the trees were turning incredible shades of red and yellow and orange, the best grass and stone paths littered in leaves. We decide to walk down a little path Jan squealed like a little girl when we came up to a bridge that crossed the little stream behind the main building.

"Oh my god Crys how have I never seen this before!" She squealed.

I laughed.

"I've never seen it either! I guess it's because we've never been down here, it's so cute!" I say

"It's the PERFECT place for a photoshoot, let's do a photoshoot pleaseeeee Crystal" she whines

I just laugh at her

"Ok fine, I'll take pictures of you" I laugh

We take lots of pictures of her on the bridge and posing in the surrounding area for her instagram. When she's satisfied with the pictures (which doesn't take long since I'm pretty good at photography) she asks if she can take some of me.

I hesitate, I'm not usually one for taking and posting pictures, especially of myself.

"I'm not very good at posing, maybe not today." I say

Jan stops and starts laughing. I turn around, confused as to why she's laughing, smiling since her laugh is THAT contagious and right as I turn around she snaps a picture.

"Jannnnn delete that" I say, slightly annoyed.

"Look at it first" she says

I walk over to her and look at the photo, I'm surprised by how I look, it looks candid but oddly pretty, I'm smiling and the leaves are falling behind me. Seeing that picture makes me feel... beautiful.

I smile

"Send that to me, I want to post it" surprising myself with these words

She smiles at me "you look gorgeous"

This is why she's my best friend.

I post it. Captioning it with a basic caption, "Autumn days" and tagging Jan.

We continue our walk, ending up back in the main green in the middle of campus.
Jan suddenly runs over to someone who I couldn't see because they had their back turned to us, I ran after her and saw it was Brooke from group!

"Hi brooke!" I smile

"You two know each other?" Jan says curiously.

"We're in the design club I do together" I explain.

"Oh! Brooke is on my soccer team!" Jan says

Brooke smiles.

"I'm also on the dance team, I do everything."

We laugh and continue chatting for a bit.

"Hey! There's a party later tonight if you want to come! It's in me and Vanessa's sorority house!" She says

"Sounds good, right crystal?" Jan says

I nod in agreement, as much as I don't seem like the type I do tend to enjoy parties.

"I'll text you the address later! A few people you both know should be there like girls from the soccer team, Gigi and Nicky said they'd come too"

My heart flips over by the mention of Gigi.

"What time is it at?" I ask.

"8 p.m" Brooke replies

I check my phone, 6 p.m.

"We better go get ready Jan, I need to try on every outfit" I say happily

Brooke smiles

"See you both later!"