34

Fast forward to summer, crystal has just arrived back to her hometown.

I walked up the familiar road from the train station to Daegen's house. The two of us used to walk this road almost every weekend after nights out to stay in Daegen's.

I pull my suitcase behind me as I reach the crossroads. I look down the road to the right, I can see my parents house from where I'm standing. I had decided not to go home to my parents since.... the incident, which is why I was staying in Daegen's. I begin to turn around to walk down the road to the left towards Daegen's house when I feel something rub off my foot.

I jump and look down to see a ginger cat rubbing against my leg. I smile to myself as I pick up my childhood pet.

"Hey TicTac, where are you wandering off to." I ask.

Tictac doesn't respond. Not that I was expecting a response.

I pick up my suitcase as the cat jumps out of my arms and trots along back to my parents house. It felt good to have that little bit of home left in Tictac since I was no longer on speaking terms with my mother, it may sound dumb but it was like a safe space, a comfort.

I continue to walk until I finally arrive at the pink front door of Daegen's house. I'd barely knocked before the door swung open and I was tackled into a hug by Daegen, Daya and Lux. We all excitedly chatted at the front door, all the girls asking me how I was and telling me the plans they'd made. It almost felt like I was back in high school.

We brought my stuff into the spare room and then sat in the living room where Daegen was rapping along to Nicki Minaj, but with her own lyrics. I couldn't help but laugh because she was a genuinely good rapper.

"So Crystal, when's Gigi coming to visit?" Daya asked with a smile.

"Not until next month, god I miss her already" I answer as Daegen makes obnoxious throwing up noises behind me.

"Gross, I'm happy being single." She says.

We just laugh at her.

"You're acting like being single is your choice Daegen." I say.

"Hey listen, I'm the most gorgeous out of all of us." She replies.

"Oh yeah? Then how come I'm the only one with a significant other, hm?" I say

They all go silent for a second before Lux clears her throat.

"Actually you're not the only one, Crys." She says, looking up at me.

"Wait a second... you-" I start. "Who is it?? What's their name?"

"Well um... her name's Tiffani." Lux blushes "she's actually on her way over now."

"No way" I say, in shock that none of them had told me. "What's she like?"

"She's the best!!" Lux smiles

"I'd fully steal your girlfriend if I had the chance." Daya winks "maybe I could seduce her with my music skills... like write her a song"

Lux looks at her in shock before realizing that Daya was in fact, joking. We all start laughing even though it really wasn't that funny, we were all just in good moods which made everything lighter and therefor, funnier.

I start when I hear a rap at the door. Daya gets up and walks out to get it.

"Hey Daya!" I hear a girls voice say.

As soon as the voice is heard, Lux sits up straight and brushes herself off quickly.

This girl must be Tiffani, oh how I couldn't wait to meet her.

—————————————————
I told y'all there wouldn't be any Tiff erasure. I cant believe I was so doubted :,(

Also I'm doing a thing rn and I'm hoping it does well because it's taking me SO SO SO LONG, like I spent 7 hours on it yesterday and it's not even halfway done.
Sobbing.

-J