14

"Times up!" Gigi says. "Turn your pumpkin portrait around"

I giggle as I slowly turn my pumpkin in which Gigi's face was carved into around.

She turns hers at the same time.

We both burst into laughter as we see them, it's safe to say that neither of us were that great at carving people into pumpkins.

My carving of Gigi just looked like a smiley face and her one of me had broken in places.

"I think we need a judge" Gigi says, breathless from laughing. "Here comes Nicky we can ask her!"

Gigi waves over at Nicky and a boy, who I assume is her boyfriend, and they come over.

"Hey Gigi! Hey Crystal!" She says. "Crystal I don't think you've met my boyfriend, this is Jaiden Hall"

"Hi Jaiden, I'm Crystal" I say, smiling.

"Ohhh you're the one Gigi doesn't shut up about" he smirks.

I look over at Gigi in surprise, she looks embarrassed.

"Well that's not true... it's just- like- I'm just-" she tries to explain.

Jaiden just laughs at her.

"So what did you call us over for, or was it just to say hi" Nicky says.

Gigi immediately looks less embarrassed and starts to laugh again.

"Oh we need a judge for our pumpkins!! Which is better. My carving of Crystal or Hers of me" she says

Nicky looks at the pumpkins and just laughs

"They're both terrible, you both lose. Anyway we better get going!" She says

I catch Gigi's eye as they walk away and we both start laughing again.

"Let's go to the show!!" I say, and we both get up and walk towards the theater.

The theater is packed with people, all dressed up. Some signing up for something in the corner.

"What's that?" I ask

"That's the sign up sheet for performers!! You should so perform" she says

I look at her in shock.

"Me? Perform?" I ask "I'd never be good enough!"

"It's not a competition, I think you'd be really good!" She replies

I look at the sign up sheet and then back at her. I don't know if it was because the confidence I had gained since coming here or if it was me trying to impress Gigi but at 8:30 I was standing up on stage.

"Our next performer is... CRYSTAL METHYD"

"Cry" by Carly Rey Jepsin starts to play and I begin to perform. I live and breath this song and I seem to be selling it. People start holding out money to me.

I collect the money as I continue to perform, as I go to grab one of the dollars I look up to see that it's Gigi holding it out to me. We make eye contact and I smile and she laughs. I take the dollar and continue until the song is over.

After I come off stage, Gigi gives me a huge hug. It feels happy and safe to hug her.

"You were amazing!" She says in the most genuine voice I'd ever heard. She was serious

"Let's get out of here" I say. She nods.

I decide to bring her where me and Jan went on a walk, I felt happy, I felt good.

I felt....

Alive.

————————————————————
If you haven't seen Crystal's IGTV where she performs "Cry" I hate you :)

- J