24

"Daegen? Daya? Lux? What are you doing here?" I laughed happily.

"We wanted to come see you!" Daya said, smiling her usual kind smile.

"Yeah we practically wouldn't let him leave without us." Daegen said, pointing her thumb at my dad and making a dumb face. Daegen had always been bold like that.

Lux just shook her head and laughed.

All six of us stood chatting for a while until the sky began to get darker.

"It's getting late, your dad and I best head back to the hotel." My mom said, awkwardly patting my shoulder. "Goodnight, Crystal."

"Yeah! See you for lunch tomorrow princess!" My dad said, ruffling my hair before turning to walk away with my mom.

I looked back at the three girls. Lux and Daya smiled and giggled like little kids. Daegen rolled her eyes while smiling at me.

"So are we going to your dorm or what?" She asked after a few minutes.

I laughed at her, shaking my head.

"Let's go then." I said, walking towards the elevator. Daegen and Daya walked beside me as Lux excitedly ran ahead.

All 3 had stayed at the local college together in Missouri. They'd been my best friends since the 3rd grade and I hadn't noticed how strange it was not having them with me at all times, but now that they were here I realized how much I actually missed them. How much I'd missed Daya's kindness, Lux's childish and sweetness and Daegen's sassyness. I smiled as I got in the elevator, Lux looked at me and smiled too.

"It's weird not having you around, Crys." She said. "But you seem happy!"

"I'm really happy here, but god I missed you three idiots so much." I said pulling them into a group hug.

"Gross." Daegen said, but joined in the group hug.

When the elevator arrived at my floor, I walked to the door of my dorm in excitement. I waited until the three others had caught up before opening it and stepping aside to let them in.

"Welcome to my new home" I said, making an unnecessary snazzy hand gesture and bowing.

Lux and Daya bowed back, laughing, as Daegen just curiously walked into the Dorm.

"It's decorated so well!" Daya gasped, not even noticing the blonde girl sitting on one of beds at first. She jumped when she did.

"Uhm.. hi I'm Daya." She said. "You must be crystal's roommate."

Jan sprang up from her bed, smiling brightly.

"I'm Janice! You can call me Jan!" She said, hugging Daya.

"I'm Lux!" Lux said, as Jan pulled her into a hug too.

"I'm Daegen!" Daegen said smiling.

Jan stood back for a second after hugging her.

"I think I follow you on Instagram! Daegen Michelle...right?" Jan asked.

"Yes that's me! Just hit 10k yesterday!" She said smiling.

"Oh congratulations!! That's much deserved!!" She said.

I just shook my head in disbelief.

Jan noticed this.

"Why are you surprised, Crystal. You know how I am with social media." She laughed.

I laughed with her, watching her pull out a new bottle of wine and some glasses.

She handed me one and I sipped it as I closed my eyes slightly.

It was nice having all my closest friends in one room. Well except Gigi... but technically she wasn't just a friend.

I sat up suddenly, realizing I hadn't told Daegen, Daya OR Lux about Gigi.

"I have to tell you all something" I said suddenly.

They all looked at me and I took a deep breath.

—————————————————-

I mighttttt post a 3rd chapter now..... possibly..... maybe :)

- J