12

I practically skip back to my dorm room after decorating the green with Gigi, Brooke and Nicky.

I walk in smiling, Jan is lying on her bed and smiles when she sees me.

"I'm guessing it went well then" she winked

I walk over and sit on the edge of my bed.

"It went so well Jan!" I giggle

Jan sits up on her bed, facing me.

"Tell me EVERYTHING!" She says

"Well, first of all it turns out that the girl she kissed was just her straight friend." I say

"Ahhhh one of those straight girls who kiss girls when drunk." She nods

"Yes! And then I was helping decorate and we almost kissed!" I squeal.

"Almost? What stopped you?!" She asks, invested in the story.

"Nicky and Brooke interrupted" I say

Jan lies back, letting out a sigh.

"I mean I guess you know she wants to kiss you! That's great Crys!" She says, excitedly.

I just smile in response, lying down on my bed.

Jan's phone suddenly starts ringing, she picks up.

"Hey!"

There's a mumble from the phone.

"Sure I'd love to!"

Another mumble.

"See you in a few!"

Jan hangs up the phone and squeals.

"What was that about?" I ask, laughing at her

"I just got a date! Remember that guy I met at the party? He just asked me on a date!"

"Oh my god that's great Jan! Our love lives are really thriving today!" I laugh. "What's his name anyway? You never told me."

"Oh!" She blushes "his name is Jackson Cox"

"oh cool!! He sounds cool!" I smile "we better find you an outfit then! What time is he getting here?"

"8 p.m" she says

I look at my phone, it's 7 p.m

"We better get a move on then, he'll be here in an hour."

She does her makeup while I pull out outfit after outfit, she finally settles on a lilac denim skirt and a white crop top, she puts her blonde hair in a half pony and ties it with a purple ribbon and puts on her purple heels. Her makeup is also purple. It's true what they say, people who's favourite colour is purple, everything they own is purple.

There's a knock at our door at 8 p.m sharp. Jan opens it.

"Hi Jackson!" She says, she's practically glowing!

"Hey Jan!" He says, handing her a bouquet of flowers. Purple ones naturally.

As Jan puts the flowers in a vase, Jackson introduces himself to me.

He's a brunette with a strong build and big rimmed glasses, he has great fashion sense. He seems really nice too!

After they wave goodbye to me and I make Jackson promise not to keep Jan out too late, I relax and check my phone.

I see a 2 texts, one from Nicky and one from Gigi.

I read Nicky's first.

"Hey! Hope I didn't interrupt anything earlier ;)"

I reply

"Shut up Nicky :)"

I open Gigi's after.

"Hey! You still game for tomorrow? Nicky is going out with her boyfriend but me, you and Jan can still go if you want!"

I reply

"Sure! Looking forward to it :)!!"

I scroll through Instagram until Jan gets home.

"Hey Crys! I wont be able to go to the halloween show with you and Nicky and Gigi tomorrow, I'm sorry. I have another date with Jackson!" She says as soon as she walks in.

I quickly text Gigi.

"Looks like it's just you and me :)" I say

She replies straight away.

"It's a date ;)"

A date? An actual real date??

I shouldn't get my hopes up, it is just an expression after all.

But then again, we did come close to kissing.

I smile as I put my phone down and fall asleep, dreaming about the excitement the next night will bring.

—————————————————-
Ty for 3k reads!!

Also if Gigi and Crystal break my heart in the reunion I'll cry :,) jk Ik they will 😔

- J