Chapter 16

As they took him away, Lena appeared right before you and pulled you into a hug.
"Don't worry love, it will get better I promise" she said.
You could hear the sadness in her voice. You knew Gabriel was never her favorite but she did like you. You silently cried in her shoulder and hugged her back.
That night you crawled into bed and noticed how big it was without Gabe. You had put on one of his big shirts and cuddled up to his pillow breathing in his scent.
You where going to be questioned tomorrow and you might even have a chance to see him. You slightly smiled as more tears ran down your face.

*timeskip morning*

Your alarm had gone off about three times before you unplugged it. You didn't feel like getting out of bed, you felt like you had been ran over by a truck. You suddenly jumped up and ran into the bathroom and put the toilet seat up. Throwing up in the toilet was not how you wanted this day to start but with the recent events that had happened this was the least of your concern.
You cleaned yourself up and put on some clothes. You really didn't care, you just wanted to see Gabe. You made your way to the front gate. You received stares and glares as you walked to the front. No doubt everyone hated you, as far as they knew your husband killed the leader of Overwatch. Until you got him cleared they had every reason to be mad at him.

*timeskip to Dorado*

You arrived at Gabe's home (don't know if it is or not but it will be for the story). Walking up to the prison they had posted on the outer edge of the city, you where stopped by some guards.
"Name?"
"Overwatch Agent (y/n) Reyes" you couldn't say you where from Blackwatch because according to the public Blackwatch didn't exist.
"You may enter"
You walked inside and signed a few papers before being lead to a small room with a table and two chairs on either side of the table.
"Someone will be with you shortly, please take a seat" the women said before closing the door.
There was nothing in the room, the only thing was a reflective window. No doubt there was someone watching you through it.
A tall man stepped into the he room, gently closing the door behind him. He wore a gray suit with a pink tie. His detective badge hung around his neck. His blue eyes starring right into your soul.
"Mrs. Reyes, pleasure you meet you"
"Can't say the same here" you grumbled.
"My name is detective Andrew Williams and I understand that your upset about your husband but I need you to cooperate with us"
He opened an investigation folder and looked at it.
"He didn't kill Jack" you stated bluntly.
"May I ask why you think so?"
"Gabriel and Jack have a long history of not getting along, however I believe if one of them where to kill each other they would have done it long ago" you smirked
"Saying that, yesterday when I had finished some paperwork I went to deliver it to Jack and he pinned me to a wall and tried to hit on me" you paused at this you could feel your eyes watering but you where damned if you where about cry in front of this guy.
"I shoved him off and ran to Gabriel who then found out, Gabriel has always been very protective over me and so if anyone even looked at me wrong he would do something about it. He confronted Jack who provoked him further leading him to punch him over and over, when I made it to them and Angela our doctor took him away he was still breathing" You frowned at the last part.
"I see" he wrote down some notes.
"Just because he was breathing when you last saw his doesn't mean he survived"
"Let me ask you something Mr. Williams, do you have a wife or even a girlfriend?"
"As a matter of fact I do, I have a girlfriend"
"Okay good then you should understand this, if she was being hit on by another guy you would do something wouldn't you?"
"Yes"
"Then it shouldn't matter if Gabriel killed him or not!" You stood up from you chair.
"Ma'am I understand where you are coming from but we have no proof that Mr. Morrison actually made any attempts at you"
"Why would I lie about that?!"
"Because you want your husband to be free"
"You know what? Fuck you guys! I'm telling the truth! There is not reason that Gabriel would kill him no matter what he did!"
You slammed you first down in the table.
"Know let me see my husband!"
"Are you sure? He could be dangerous"
"He's my husband he would never hurt me" you mumbled
"Wait here" he said
You plopped back in your seat and he walked out of the room.
Minutes later Gabriel entered the room in all orange with big heavy chains on both his hands and ankles. Two guards where behind them as he walked over to the chair the detective was just sitting in. They where about to lock his chain to the table but you'd topped them.
"Is that really necessary?" They looked at you
"Ma'am it's standard procedure"
"I don't care, I trust him" the man shook his head and walked out of the room along with the other guy. Gabe rubbed his wrists, no doubt they where sore from the chains. He looked up at you
"(Y/n)" he breathed out.
"Gabe I've missed you so much"
Yes, it had only been a day but it had felt like years.
"(Y/n)...... I didn't do it" he said
"Hey I know you didn't" you took his hands into yours.
"You where only trying to protect me... but you didn't kill him" slightly squeezing his big hands.
He didn't really say much after that, he was tired and worried.
You got up form your chair and walked over to him. He backed his seat away from the table. You went and sat on his lap
"Gabriel, I love you"
"I love you too"
You gently kissed his lips.
"I'm going to get you out of here" the tears you where holding in you finally allowed them to flow out.
Gabriel put his hand up to your cheek and tried to get rid of your tears. This was just as hard on him as it was on you. He kissed you and held you close.
"I trust you mi amor" he kissed the top of your head .
"Times up" detective Williams walked in along with several other guards.
You kissed Gabe one last time before getting up of his lap. The guards then chained him back up and escorted him out of the room.
"You may leave if you wish Mrs. Reyes"
With that you walked out and made your way home. You would get Gabe back if it cost you your life.