Chapter 22

You laid there with your arms wrapped around your daughter. She was so perfect in every way. This brought tears to your face, knowing she would grow up so fast.
Gabriel sat down on the bed next to you. You looked into his eyes. He looked worn down, like he had been hit by a bus. He still had his orange jumpsuit on and his hair had grown longer due to not being cut as often.
Later that evening the doctor came in to check on Gabriel. They had taken (d/n) away to do some tests and make sure she was healthy. The doctor asked Gabriel to follow him but he refused to leave your side.
"Gabe, I'll be okay just go" you reassured him.
He only nodded before walking away with the doctor. You closed your eyes. You were physically and mentally drained and you just wanted to sleep.

*timeskip later on*

"(Y/n)......(y/n) honey I need you to wake up" Gabriel gently shook your shoulder, waking you.
"Hmm?...Gabe What is it?" You asked groggily.
You sat up from the spot you fell asleep. Rubbing your eyes you look at him. He was holding (d/n) in one arm and a bag was slung over his shoulder. He had changed from his orange jail issued jumpsuit to a pair of dress pants and a button down shirt.
"(Y/n), we need to go" he said while making you stand up.
"W-why?" You knew you should have been in high alert but you had just given birth to a child, that would take a lot out of anybody.
"Don't ask questions now, just trust me" he said while handing you some clothes to change into.
"Of course i trust you" you start putting on the clothes.
You wore a pair of jeans that looked to be a size too small along with the same tank top you had from earlier. You pulled your hair up into a messy bun and look (d/n) from Gabriel, making sure not to wake her.
"Follow me" he said as he opens the door leading to the hallway.
You where sore almost everywhere but Gabriel seemed so alert so you knew something was wrong.
Walking out into the hallway, he looked both ways before heading towards the nearest exit. Posted up where two guards. This place seemed awfully familiar to you but you couldn't put your finger on it. As you and Gabriel approached the guards they held guns out.
"I'm going to need some name and recognition" the one guard called out.
"Of course" Gabriel pulled a small slip on blank paper out from his back pocket and walked towards the guard more while signaling you to stay back.
As soon as the guard was in reach of him, Gabriel swung and punched the guard, knocking him out. The second guard seemed to panic as Gabriel took his gun but only punched him.
Glancing back at you, he said
"Didn't want to wake the baby" he smirked and opened the door to the exit.
You both walked out and the door slammed shut behind you. You jumped at the noise and looked down to make sure it didn't wake (d/n). She was still fast asleep, cuddled up against her blanket.
There where trees everywhere you looked. Noticing some guards had almost rounded the corner to come your way, you and Gabriel darted into the woods. You couldn't go very far before he ended up picking you up and carrying you.
Before long you made it to the edge of the woods where there was a port. Ships where both loading and docking there. The smell of fish radiated off of everything. It wasn't a big port but there where still some smaller cargo ships along with some personal boats. Gabriel set you down and grabbed (d/n) from you.
Walking up to one of the boat men who looked more along the friendlier side, he eyed you both suspiciously.
"Hello, we where hoping you could give us a ride?" You smiled at him.
He had a long grey beard while a small cap on his head, Dirty black jeans with an apron.
"Who's the fellow behind you?" The man asked, pointing to Gabriel.
"Oh this is my adopted older brother and my baby sister" you said.
He didn't look like he was buying it so you decided to further elaborate on your lie.
"Our parents recently died in a car accident and so we were hoping to go get a fresh start somewhere new. You know, to many old memories here" you let on year fall down you cheek to add to the drama as you sniffed.
"M'Kay well I'm gonna need names" the man asked.
"I'm sorry, my name is Moria, he's Miguel and she's Katie" you said, quickly making up names for all three of you.
"Well I'm captain John F. Upper"
"Nice to meet you" you held out your hand which he hesitantly took.
"You can just take a seat inside, we will be leaving in a few minutes anyway" he said before walking away.
You and Gabriel walking onto his ship and made your way to the living quarters. The boat wasn't big but it could definitely fit the four of you and with room to spare.
You took (d/n) from him and held her closely while taking a seat on the floor against the wall.
"Oh baby, sweet innocent baby" you cooed while you saw her starting to wake.
You saw her eyes start to open. She had beautiful chocolate brown eyes, just like her papi.
Gabriel took a seat on the floor next to you and let out a sigh while putting his head in his hands.
"I'm sorry" was all he said.
You leaned your head against his shoulder. The two of you sat there in comfortable silence as you heard the captain come aboard.
"Our next stop will be in a few days so I hope yea don't get sea sick" he winked.