Chapter 23

After months of traveling and ship jumping you finally made it to someplace where you wouldn't be hunted. Recently Talon has been hunting down ex overwatch agents and killing them. You and Gabriel had to watch your back almost everywhere you went. Gabriel explained along the way how he had falsely joined Talon in order to break out but after realizing they where going to bomb Swiss headquarters he came and tried to save you. After the explosion he took you to Talon headquarters where you had (d/n). He expressed afterward that he didn't want our daughter growing up to be like any on those monsters at Talon so we escaped. We had been traveling ever since that in order to avoid Talon and find a place to lay low while mourning the death of the twin who didn't make it.
"(Y/n)" Gabe said pulling you out of your thoughts.
Looking up at him you gave him a smile
"Yes?"
"How can you still smile in a situation like this?" He smirked
Moving onto his point he gestured to an apartment complex across the street.
"Should we stay there?"
"Sounds good have do we have enough?"
He looked in the backpack and counted some money we stored inside it.
"I think so" he said before walking up and entering the complex.
You, Gabriel and the baby had made your way to Ilios where it was sunny everyday and children could play without a care in the world.
You both thought it would be a good idea because it was far enough away from Talons watch.
Walking in next to Gabriel the man at the desk eyed you both.
"Can I help you?" He asked
"Um yes... we were hoping we could rent an apartment?"
"How many rooms?"
"One is fine"
You knew that (d/n) would probably sleep in your room with you until she was older so there was no need for a second room.
You paid some money up front and then the man said when rent was due and gave you the keys.
You made it to your room and opened the door. The entry way was small but it led to a tiny kitchen that had an island in the middle, probably to make up for lack of counter space. Beyond the kitchen was a living room that was decorated with extravagant colors and a sofa and coffee table. Off of the living room where two doors. One which led to the master bedroom and the other that led to the bathroom. Along the exterior walls were blue shutters that you could open during the day to allow natural light in.
You walked into the bedroom were you found a queen size bed and you immediately collapsed on it. You had been awake you several days strait and all the lack of sleep had finally caught up with you.
You heard Gabriel come in and set down the baby carrier that you two had picked you somewhere along the way. (D/n) was sleeping silently in it all cuddled up.
"(Y/n), as much as I now you want to sleep you really need to take a shower" he said while kissing your shoulder.
He really hadn't shown much affection towards you recently, mostly because you two where pretending to be siblings most of the time. You never realized how much you missed him, even if it was just a small display of love.
You got up and made your way to the bathroom. Taking off your clothes you ran some water and stepped in the shower. The warm water ran down your back as you let out a sigh. Hearing the shower door open and close again you didn't need to turn around to know it was Gabriel. He had taken his clothes off and joined you in the shower, leaving a crack in the bathroom door so you could hear if (d/n) woke up.
Reaching down he grabbed some travel sized shampoo and put some in his hand before rubbing it in your hair. His fingers against you scalp felt so relaxing. Soon after you turned around and did the same to him. You almost couldn't reach because he was so much taller then you.
You could tell he was craving you, the lust in his eyes and and the way he held you but he knew you both couldn't take it at this point. You both where exhausted and beaten down. You rinsed your hair and got out of the shower to pull a towel around you. You where so glad that the apartments came furnished or you wouldn't have anything.
You dried yourself off before putting on Gabriel's clean shirt and walking into your room and attempting to go to sleep. You didn't even think about falling asleep until you heard big foot steps enter your room and shut the door. Walking over to the bed and getting in the whole bed shifted underneath his body weight. You two we very much squished together because it was a queen size because Gabriel was a beast but you really didn't mind.
"Gabe we don't have enough room for (d/n) to lay with us" you felt bad, your baby would have to sleep in a carrier until you had enough money to buy a cradle.
"I think she'll be okay, plus I'm scared I would squish her" he whispered
You giggled lowly at his stupid thought. He would never do anything to hurt either of you. Hell he just risked his life to save the both of you more then once. You adjusted yourself so you laid on his chest.
"Do you think we are in the clear?" You asked
"Probably not but this is the best place we can be so let's hope" he grabbed your waist and held it tight.
You placed a hand on his face and played with his goatee with your other hand grabbing his hair which had gotten so long from the trip. Leaning down you kissed him once on the forehead before making your way down to his lips. Kissing him only once before things could go any further.
"I love you Gabriel"
"I love you too mi amor"