Chapter 27

As you closed the door behind Jesse you turned around in the room to see it the way you left it. (D/n) was sleeping on the couch and Gabriel was sitting with his leg up in the corner, looking out the window. Sitting down in the chair next to him you looked at his face. He looked so tense and angry.
"Gabe what's wrong?" You asked, gently placing a hand on his knee.
He stayed silent for a minute before talking.
"What's wrong is there is a huge bounty over the heads of my wife and daughter and the man who just threatened (d/n) life is still out running around!" His voice gradually got louder as he spoke "overwatch has disband and we are out of work and on the run! WE CANT MAKE A FUCKING LIFE ANYWHERE BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE OUT TO GET US! HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO RAISE A CHILD WITH PEOPLE TRYING TO KILL US EVERYTIME WE GO OUT!"
"Wahhhh-" you walked over a picked up (d/n) as Gabriel continued to mumble cusses to himself and rant further.
"Shh your fine baby~" you cooed while wrapping her up in her blanket and placing her in her crib in your room.
Silently closing the door you looked up to him.
"You may feel upset and concerned, like you have no answers but that doesn't give you the right to yell while OUR daughter to trying to sleep" you scolded him.
"Just shut the fuck up" he mumbled while placing his head in his hands, running his fingers through his hair.
"I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you correctly, come again?" You stood there and crossed your arms, you where pissed off now.
"I said shut the fuck up women!" He looked up at you.
"Don't you dare tell me to shut the fuck up! I SPENT NINE MONTHS PREGNANT WITH OUR DAUGHTER WHILE TRYING TO FREE YOU FROM PRISON BECAUSE A GUY HIT ON ME AND YOU COULDNT CONTROL YOURSELF! ........... you know what maybe I should shut the fuck up, and you can sleep on the couch so I don't BOTHER you" you had tears streaming down your face as you picked a pillow up from the couch and threw it at him.
He obviously felt bad that he took his anger out on you after you have done so much for him. He tried to apologize but you held your hand up and walked into your room.
"Don't talk, I don't want to hear it" closing the door behind you, you silently cried as you slid down the door.
You heard a loud noise come from the other room as you had guessed that he had hit something.
You sat there for a minute before getting up and grabbing some clothes and making your way to the bathroom. Turning on the water you let it warm up as you stripped your clothing and put your hair up in a bun. You stepped in the shower and let the warm water run down you as you thought about what went down.
You and Gabriel really haven't had many arguments. It was weird to have one, especially over something that you two could just talk out. You two had always just talked things out while cuddling or after having sex. But this time was different, there was a burning rage in his eyes when he spoke about the man who tried to kill (d/n), lord knows what he would do when she's old enough to date.
Turning off the water you dried yourself and put on your clothes before exiting the bathroom, trying to not make eye contact with Gaberiel or even look at him as your walked into your room. You felt him stare at you though, it didn't really help that you were just wearing one of his shirts with some underwear. You made your way into your room and after making sure that (d/n) was still breathing you climbed into bed and tried to get comfy.

*timeskip later that night*

You woke up with a killer headache from yelling and the bed felt empty. Turning over to cuddle Gabriel you realized he wasn't there because you made him sleep on the couch. The bed was so big and cold without him. You missed him cuddling you and breathing on your neck as he took in you scent that he loved so much. You felt your throat run dry as you thought about him. You stepped out of bed and you shivered as the cold tile hit your feet. You checked on (d/n) once more before opening the door and making your way to the kitchen. The one good thing about (d/n) is she mostly slept through the night.
Taking a glass out of the cabinet you poured some water into it before you heard a noise from the living room. Turning the corner you saw Gabriel sleeping on the couch, you placed your glass on the counter and walked over to the couch.
"(Y/-y/n).......please......don't" he was in a cold sweat as tears ran down his face.
You knew he had nightmares but he hadn't had them in a while. Many times it was when you where away. Sometimes when you were on missions without him you would get back late and get back to your room and see him like this. It broke your heart to see such a strong man break down because of you.
"(Y/N)!" He shouted in his sleep.
You shook his shoulders to wake him up.
"GABRIEL! Wake up!" His eyes opened up.
His frantic look met your eyes and he pulled you in for a tight hug. You hugged him back as he cried silently into your shoulder. Rubbing his back slowly to calm him down.
"It's okay, I'm here" you kissed him behind his ear.
"I-I thought y-you-"
"I know" was all you said before holding him closer.
Awhile later you got him calmed down enough to where his eyelids felt heavy and his eyes closed. You looked up from you position laying on top of him and brought one hand up to play with his hair as he slept beneath you.
You knew no matter what he said that he could never live without you.
You rested your head back on his chest and slowly started to sleep.