Chapter 20

Gabriel's POV

Know was the time. There was a guard change, I had been assessing each of the guards from day one. Now because of the guard change the weakest one was know guarding me.
"Uh....sir...I" I fell to my knee clenching my chest
He immediately opened the cell and rushed to my side. Grabbing his arm I pulled him closer and punched him in the gut. He fell to the ground while I grabbed the handgun from his side. Looking at the gun it had a full round, maybe enough.
Exiting my cell I heard several guards up ahead.
"Hey! STOP!"
The whole prison heard the bang of the gun as I put a bullet in each of their heads. Running over their now lifeless bodies I went down a stairwell. I had mapped this place out quite thoroughly while I was transported to different locations within it. Seeing another guard, he looked scared as hell. He started trembling, dropping his gun he ran away.
"Coward" I mumbled and shot him anyway
In my eyes a man like that should not be allowed to live.
Jogging down the hallway I started making my way towards the closets exit.

(Y/n) POV

I had a tight feeling in my stomach. Running into the bathroom I turned on the light and looked down. I was bleeding.
Angela has said that one of the twins wasn't developing as much as the other and the chance of it surviving where little to none. You slowly sank down the bathroom wall holding your swelled stomach as the blood stained your pants.
You didn't want to believe it was true. You knew it was going to happen eventually. You just pushed the thought away but now you couldn't. You let out a sob as you rubbed your stomach. You where so close to delivery too.
Crying in the bathroom for almost a good hour until you told yourself it was time to get up.
"Guess it's just you and me now little one" you gave a weary smile while holding your stomach.
You would have a proper memorial as soon a possible but until then you needed to work on Gabriel's case. Even though loosing one of your children hurts so much, you still had another still growing inside you. You couldn't be consumed with grief. Not now at least.
You cleaned yourself off and put on some black legging, while at it you put on Gabes Blackwatch hoodie over your black tank top. You had worn it almost everyday since you grew out of most of your clothes. But the reason you liked it so much was because it smelled like him, almost made it feel like he was there.
Silently closing the door behind you, you walked down the hall and continued until you made it to his office.
You cuddled up in his big chair and let yourself fall asleep holding your stomach as the sun was slowly setting through the window.

Gabriel's POV

After highjacking a ship I made it to Swiss headquarters. Looking down at my watch.
8:15
Shit, hardly enough time.
Running through the back way that (y/n) and I used to use to get in when we used to sneak out.
8:17
There's only two possible places she could be.
Sprinting to our room I knocked on the door.
"(Y/n)?!"
No answer
Knocking on it again, this time with a little most urgency.
"(Y/n)?!"
No answer
8:19
Kicking the door down I walked inside to find it empty.
Shit
8:20
I had ten minutes left.
Again running down the halls I made my way to my office.
8:24
I ran as fast as I could before making it to my office and slinging open the door.
There in front of me sat the most beautiful sight.
(Y/n), was curled up in my chair wearing my jacket, holding her swollen stomach which held out unborn babies. My heart melted at the sight.
8:25
Shit, walking over to her I scooped her up in my arms.
"Hmm" she woke up
"Gabe?.........Gabriel!" She hugged me so tight but still careful of the precious package she was carrying.
"Hello mi amor, listen we need to go"
"Gabe how did you get here? Why are you here? Why do we need to leave?" I didn't have time to answer her questions.
"I don't have time to answer these right know okay? But I promise I'll explain everything later and then you and I and the twins can-" I was cut off by the sight of her crying in my arms.
"Gabe...... I-I...... lost ... one of t-the ......babies" she cried even harder.
"I'm so sorry! It was my job to p-protect our children a-and I failed!" She pulled on my shirt.
I didn't know this. There was this squeezing sensation in my heart. Not only because of her crying but also because we had lost one of the twins.
Looking down I noticed what my watch read.
8:29
"(Y/n), we need to leave know!"
I raced along the halls with my pregnant wife in my arms, just praying i would make it out on time. Running past some overwatch agents who looked in shock, I tried to find the nearest exit.
"Gabriel what's wrong?" Her tear stained face looked up at me. I wanted nothing more then to stop and tell her everything, to tell her everything was going to be alright. To lay down with her in bed and place my ear to her stomach to see if I could hear anything.
But that couldn't happen.
I was physically drained from all the fighting and running I had to do today but I would do it all over again if it meant I saved my family in the process. I sprinted harder down the halls as I raced against time itself.
8:30
Just like the prison junkies had said...............
The bombs went off.