Chapter 25

Once you regained stable breathing you got up and made your way to the bathroom. Starring into the mirror you noticed how much of a mess you looked like. You definitely needed a shower.
Walking to the shower you opened the glass door and turned on the shower to let the water warm up before you got in. Somewhat limping back over to the sink you grabbed your tooth brush. You went to grab the tooth paste out of the drawer but paused when you felt two arms around you. One hand went to your neck with the other big hand placed on your lower stomach. His hands were warm and rough. Your back was pressed up against his chest as you felt him breathe down your neck. Shivers went down your spine as you let yourself relax in his strong grip.
"Mi amor" his husky voice whispered
"Yes?" You brought your hands to where his sat on your body and slowly removed them.
Turning around you placed one hand on his chest with the other in his hair. You looked into his eyes as you saw they become glossy.
"Gabe... what's wrong?" His arms then found them self's around your waist as you waited for him to answer:
"I've just missed you.........I'm sorry I wasn't there for you" the few tears that escaped his eyes you whipped away before they could make it to his goatee.
"It wasn't your fault...there was nothing you could have done about it" you hugged him as he placed his warm body around you, engulfing you in a hug.
You both stood there for a while, just content with each others company. Finally you reluctantly pulled away.
"Hon, I need to take a shower" he silently nodded before walking out of the bathroom.
Rubbing your now glossy eyes you stepped into the shower. You hated seeing him cry.

*timeskip after shower*

You got out of the shower and put on some comfy clothes. You missed (d/n). You turned around to see Gabriel putting a shirt over his scarred upper body.
"Gabe" you got his attention and he walked over to you.
"What is it mi amor?" His voice was so soothing from his usual one.
"I miss (d/n), I know she's only been gone for a night but I miss her" you look at his chocolate brown eyes.
"Anything for you" he said while grabbing both sides of your face and kissing the top of your head.
You pulled your hair up into a bun and you both walked out. You walked silently down the streets of Ilios to where the babysitters house was. Walking up into her apartment building you made your way up to her floor with Gabriel following behind you. Reaching the top you noticed a crack in the door causing you to sprint to it. You and Gabe exchanged glances before he pulled out his handgun from his waistband. Pushing the door open you both walked in. The apartment was a mess, books and other items were scattered all over the floor. Making your way to the living room you noticed Shana, the babysitter, on the floor with a head wound. You kneeled down before her and shook her shoulder.
"Shana?" No response.
"Pathetic" you looked up at where the sour voice had come from.
You looked up from Shana to see a mans figure with a 76 jacket and red visor over his face. He was holding a sleeping (d/n) with one arm while his other hand was on a gun. You froze right where you were standing. Gabriel held his gun up to the man.
"We wouldn't want to wake the baby" the silver hair man said as he slowly pointed the gun towards (d/n).
You started to walk towards him but Gabriel pulled you back. You looked up at him to give him a glare but his eyes where fixed on your daughter who was being held a gunpoint.
"You two should be more careful, there's a bounty on all three of you and boy are they hefty" he sneered
"Especially the one about the daughter of Agent (y/n) Reyes and Commander Gabriel Reyes, Ex overwatch members"
You gulped, you didn't now what to do. This man was holding the most precious thing in your life at gunpoint. Gabriel's hand adjusted on his gun as he clicked off the safety. 
"Let her go" Gabriel demanded
"Why? So you can beat me to death...just like you did with Commander Morrison?" At this point Gabriel was fuming. You knew he would never do anything to endanger (d/n) but you didn't know how much more he could take.
"Sorry to break up the party but I suggest you drop the gun" another man with a thick western accent came through the door behind the man with the visor.
Holding his gun to the mans head he stood there before coming into the light.
"Mcree" Gabriel said as if he wasn't surprised.
Jesse pulled the lever back on his peacemaker before the man with the visor dropped his gun before letting go of (d/n) letting her fall.
Your instincts kicked in as you ran and dove forward in order to catch your baby safely in your arms. You hugged her closely as Gabriel picked you up from the floor and set you on your feet while keeping his gun aimed at the man.
Gabriel took his eyes off of the man for one second to look to make sure you where okay before the visored man shot his leg and kneed Jesse in the stomach. Sprinting out of the window before you could reach for Gabriel's gun.
"Shit!" Gabriel slammed his fist through the wall.
Jesse got up, quickly recovering from the kick. He said he would go after the masked man, you agreed and told him to stay safe after telling him where you live so he could come find you after.
You carried (d/n) in your arms while trying to help Gabriel next to you.