Chapter 18

He just sat there shocked.
"Are you sure?" He questioned after a good minute.
"I went to Angela this morning and she confirmed it" you looked down at your lap.
"Damn it!" He cursed into the phone
You started to cry at this, he didn't want the baby. Tears slid down your face as you looked back up at him. He saw you crying and realized what he had said.
"(Y/n), I didn't mean it like that!"
"Yes you did... you don't want this baby" you cried some more.
"No! I do! I just don't want to be locked up while your stuck in the world alone with our child! Damn it I should be with you!" He slammed his hand down on the desk earning himself a warning from guard.
"So your not mad?" You asked
"Of course I'm mad, I should be protecting you but instead I'm stuck in this hell hole!" He looked back at you
"Please don't cry anymore (y/n), I love you and our baby, I just wish I could be with you"
"Me too Gabe, I miss you"
"I miss you too...... in the mean time check the surveillance cameras. There isn't one in Jacks office but there is one out in the hallway, if you stormed out of there then it would have caught it. Maybe you can use that to help clear me" he smiled.
You nodded know exactly what to do.
"But (y/n) most of all please stay safe. The last thing I need is you or the baby getting hurt" he put his big hand up to the glass.
"The baby is my top priority, don't worry I won't let anything happen" you smiled while placing your hand on the glass.
You smiled.
"I love you Gabe"
"I love you to mi amor" with that you hung up the phone and walked out.

*timeskip back at HQ*

You had landed back at HQ and made your way up to the control center.
"Good evening (y/n)!"
You jumped and turned around to see Winston.
"Hi Winston"
He looked at you confused.
"Pardon me for seeming rude but why are you here?" He questioned
"Oh I'm just here to check on the computers and make sure they are still running properly!" You smiled at Winston while lying.
"Oh then if that the case then have at it" Winston said while going back to fixing his Chrono Excelerator, his previous mission had done quit a bit of damage.
Knowing your lie would work, you walked over to the computer lab and closed the sound proof door behind you. You made sure no body could see inside before speaking up to Athena.
"Athena?"
"Hello, Agent (y/n) Reyes. What can I do for you?" Her metallic voice rang out.
"I need you to pull up the video from the hallway from about a week ago" you stated.
"You need an access code for further search"
You had to think about this one. You had all the codes but they had been confiscated when Gabriel had been accused of killing Jack. You thought long and hard, sitting there for a good five minutes. What could it be? Something important, like a date? The anniversary of overwatch?
You told Athena what you had decided was the right answer.
"Access confirmed" she opened up thousands of file from cameras all over overwatch's headquarters up on the wall.
"Okay go to the day after Gabriel and I had our last mission"
She pulled up those files and you searched through them to find the footage from the hallway. You watched it as you saw yourself exit Gabe's office with the papers in your hand. After that it went blank.....
"What the-"
It must have been deleted. Shit! Know you would have to find another way to try to clear him. You missed him so much. Sitting down on a chair, you pulled your legs up to your chest. Placing one arm around them and another on your stomach.
"We have to get through this, we will get your Papi back home" you looked down and smiled.
You knew you weren't far enough along for your baby to hear you but you felt so lonely. Gabriel had almost always been there to keep you company, even when you first joined.

*flashback*

You had just arrived at overwatch a week ago and went to train under Blackwatch. Your trainer was Gabriel Reyes and boy was he a slave driver! He would endlessly work you until you couldn't take it anymore. One day you showed up a little late for training and you where not in a good mood.
"(L/n)! CARE YOU EXPLAIN WHY YOU ARE LATE!" He walked up to you.
He had no shirt on and sweat glistened off his body. You fought the urge to check him out, he was your boss after all!
"HELLO?!"
You where not in the mood for this right know and his yelling made it ten times worse. You snapped.
"HOW ABOUT YOUR A SLAVE DRIVER AND IF YOU WOULD GIVE US A BREAK EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE I WOULD SHOW UP ON TIME!" Reaching on you tippy toes you pointed your finger at his chest.
He smirked and looked at you.
"Training over, (L/n) in my office know!" He demanded.
You both made your way to his office and hit it off. Your anger turned into passion, a burning passion.
After that you two where almost inseparable, not ever showing public affection until after you where married.

*end of flashback*

You smiled at the memory. You would give anything to see him again. Maybe you should go visit his again? But you where already there once today. No way they would let you in twice in one day. They would think you where trying to plan something.
You felt a tear fall down your cheek. You had never felt more truly alone then in this moment. But looking down you knew it. You weren't alone. You had a baby growing inside you! A baby that you would hold and kiss and cherish. Your eyes got heavy as you thoughts started to drift off. You slowly closed your eyes.
Gabriel.

————————————————————————
I'm so sorry! I was finishing up school and know it's summer so I'll be writing a lot more! Sorry I kept you guys waiting almost a whole week I was just really busy!