You Ruined It

Jungkook POV

I heard that a new person was going our club today and I was so happy. I want to be friends with everybody here! I waited and waited until finally the new person walked through the door.

"Hey! You're a girl! And girl's don't do sport.", I whined, pointing at the new arrival.

She pouted and said, "Who says I can't do sport?"

"My dad says and everybody I know. Plus, you're the only girl here.", I point out.

"Well I can be the first girl here then. Even better.", she smiles, "Oh Sehjun, you're here!"

I stand in front of Sehjun and angrily mumble, "He's my friend. You can't be his friend."

But Sehjun protests and moves me out of the way, "Don't be mean to her. She's my school friend."

"No fair!", I stomp away and decide to take matters to Master Jay.

"Master Jay?"

"Hmm, what is it Jungkook?", he asks. He looks at me with wise eyes. I know he'll understand me.

"Y/N. She's a girl. She shouldn't be here.", I say.

He looks at me properly, "Little boy, who said that?"

"My dad says so and everybody else does. Girls don't do sport."

"Now Jungkook, that's not true. Do you know that the founder of this club was a woman? Her name was Master Ji-Ah and she was one of the best martial artists anybody had seen.", he explained.

That's not how it's supposed to be. Master Jay's supposed to agree with me, "Well, I don't believe it. Girls should cook and clean."

"No, you will learn with time just how strong girls are. They are like beautiful winter flowers. Delicate on the outside but so strong because they have to withstand the harsh winter weather.", he says.

I don't want to be rude to him so I agree with him, "Ok."

Noting is fair anymore! I was the newest person here and everybody payed attention to me. Now they're all looking at her. And she's a girl. Everybody knows she shouldn't be here. Besides, I bet she won't be able to do anything here, it'll all be too hard for her. The class is about to start so I put away my thoughts for now and focus on doing my best in the class. Even if they all like her, I'll make sure I'm the best here forever.

Your POV

I'm so glad that everybody here is being so kind to me. That's the good thing about uniform. No matter how rich or poor you are, everybody looks the same and your background doesn't matter for a bit. The mean girls at school never cared about me before but when one of them saw me near the slum areas in my normal clothes, they spread the news around the whole school. Ever since then, life's been hard for me. My first day here is a bit hard because I don't know a lot of the moves but I think I'll be fine.

"Ok, time for theory.", another Master says, "Y/N, my name is Master Yeonbin."

I bow to him, "Annyeonhaseyo."

"So in this part of the lesson, we learn about some of the words you need to know.", he explains to me. He's very gentle and kind and a lot younger than Master Jay, "Do you know how to count in Korean?"

"Yeah, I learned it from my mum.", I answer.

"Up to what number would that be?"

"I can do up to fifty confidently and after that I need a bit of reminding.", I respond.

"Wow! That's very good. How old are you?"

"I'm four."

"So you're the same age as Jungkook. How sweet."

"She's lying! She can't count up to fifty. Even I can't do it and she's a girl. Girls aren't smart!", Jungkook complained.

"Now that's not true. Don't be rude to other people.", Master Yeonbin said sternly.

He looked down and frowned. I don't get why he has to be so rude to me. I don't even know him properly.

"We'll be having a conversation with your father Jungkook.", Master Yeonbin said.

I kind of feel bad for him but he shouldn't say that I can't do stuff just because I'm a girl. I'll show it to him, just how strong we can be. But I won't force him, just nicely. Mum tells me to treat others how you want to be treated. That's what I'll do.

Jungkook POV

At the end of the lesson, Master Jay talks to Dad.

"We've been having a few problems with Jungkook this lesson.", he said.

"Dad looked at me, "Has he been misbehaving?"

"He seems to be a little bit rude towards the girl who joined today.", Master Jay explains.

My dad giggles uncomfortably and even shoots Y/N a bad look as she walks passed us on her way out, "Oh I see."

"I know that you are a good man but I do not see where Jungkook has picked up this perspective. Does he happen to be mixing with some bad influence at school?"

"He must be. Our family respects everybody, he can't be learning from us.", Dad lies.

"I'd advise you to figure out who it is that's making him think like this. It's not good for a young man."

"I will", Dad nods and then we go.

"Don't you listen to that old man. He thinks he's all wise with his years.", my dad mocks.

"I won't ahbuji. I only listen to you.", I reassure.

"I better take you out of this club then.", he says.

"No! You can't do that!", I pleaded, "I want to learn taekwondo. Please!"

"Even under the control of that mad man?", Dad questions.

"Please. I just want to learn taekwondo.", I continue to plead.

"Only because you're requesting it I'll let you stay.", Dad says.

"Thank you.", I breath out audibly with relief.