Bridesmaids

Y/N POV

Me an Byeol twin in matching burgundy gowns. We both curl our hair slightly and place flower crowns on each other's heads to finish the look. Admiring our appearances, we thank the stylists and walk in to Mum's room.

"Oh my! Both my daughters are looking so glamorous today.", Mum squeals with excitement.

Seeing her look so pretty makes my heart flutter as well, "Mum you look so beautiful."

"Exactly! Dad's so lucky to have somebody like you.", Byeol exclaims.

"Oh, I'm lucky to have someone as charming and caring as your Dad.", Mum says wistfully.

I hear a car beep and look down from the window, "Oh it's our car. We better get going. See you there Mum!"

"Bye.", she says and both me and Byeol make our way to the car.

"Wow, this looks so beautiful.", Byeol stares in amazement at the decorated car.

"I know right!", I shout.

The driver walks out, opens the car door and gestures for us to take a seat. I thank him and slide in uncomfortably.

Byeol reads my mind, "It's ok. You'll get used to it."

I nod at her in agreement. The thing is, even after one year of knowing them, I still haven't gotten quite used to their lifestyle. They are in the few of the elite in our town whilst I grew up in poverty. All this doesn't seem quite right to me. The car smoothly drives to the venue and we get out.

"Wow.", I stare at it all in awe, "This is so amazing."

Me and Byeol planned it all ourselves but I never thought the result would be so lovely. I spot Jungkook outside. There's a little picture zone so the guests can take photos. He's posing whilst his mum takes the photos. He looks so professional. I can't believe how much he's matured, he looks greta in a suit. Since he's part of the close family from our side, his mum's wearing burgundy too. Me and Byeol approach them. 

"Annyeonhaseyo aunty.", I bow, Byeol follows me.

"Annyeong, you two look so cute in matching outfits."

"Thank you.", Byeol says. 

"Wow, Mr Handsome's trying to the spotlight today, is he?", I raise my eyebrow playfully.

He blushes, "Shhh! You're looking better."

"Never mind that. Now do you have your speech ready?", I ask.

"What speech?", he looks panicked.

"For the wedding, you're doing a speech.", I begin to panic too.

"Oh no! I forgot it!", he gasps.

"Ugh, Jungkook I'm going to kill you.", I threaten.

"Chill princess. I was just joking.", he waves a neatly folded piece of paper in front of my face.

I scrunch my nose in frustration, "Not funny."

But he laughs anyway. We make our way in and the inside looks even more breathtaking than the outside. This is going to be the best wedding ever! With the final touches added, guests begin to stream through. The wedding's in full swing within an hour. Finally, the groom and bride make the appearance. I can't contain my happiness for Mum. She deserves this. Byeol lightly quizzes my hand and tells me it's time for my speech.

My speech's not neat nor organised but merely from the heart. I take a deep breath, walk up and slowly begin, "First of all, thank you all for joining us on this big day and I hope you are enjoying yourselves here. So Mum, I'll sum you up in three words. You're hard-working, beautiful and honest. I had an extremely difficult time picking out only these three words because if I'm saying the truth, you are more than that. We came from a deprived family yet you never made me feel like I lacked anything. You always put me before yourself and for that, I owe you the world. Dad, I've only known you for a year but the happiness and joy you have brought me is one fit for a lifetime. You're caring and warm and everything I could ask for from a father. Byeol, my dear sister, I'm thankful that you brought her to my life. She's sweet and pretty and I know you must be so proud of her. I know myself that I've made many mistakes already but this union of hearts and minds, I hope that we can be by each other's side forever and get through all hardships. This speech is not perfect and has many things missing but all the words mean something. I love you all. Thank you all for listening."

I get off the stage and Byeol walks on. Next it's Jungkook's mother's speech and then his. Dad's parents, siblings and cousins all give speeches as well. Most of the guests are comprised of their side, we don't have many yet I feel like I know them all. I go around the hall socialising with people and making new friends. By night, my limbs are all aching. The whole close family squeezes on to the stage for the cutting of the cake. Mum and Dad look at each other with looks of pure love for each other. 

Jungkook POV

"This is what I call a wedding.", I smile.

"Mhmm.", she nods dreamily.

"But..."

"But what?"

"I know someone's wedding which is going to be better.", I smirk.

"Who's?"

"Our's.", I grin cheekily.

She wacks me, "Haha, you wish."

"I wish and I know.", I say.

"We'll see. That's a long time away Jungkook. Better not begin dreaming so early.", she says.

"Oh you'll see. Trust me, you'll see.", and then I go to take a picture.

I think about what I said and a warm, fulfilling emotion fills me up. Maybe... maybe just one day... I'll make you mine.