Bad Influence

Your POV

I land in London and go through all the airport security procedures before I finally come out of the arrival gates. I expect Byeol to be waiting for me there like Mum told me. She's nowhere to be seen but I stay there for a little bit incase she's running late. But it's not usual of her to be late, she's Byeol. Nevertheless, I put my worries aside and wait for about an hour but she still doesn't appear. I call her but she doesn't pick up so I decide to move around a little and see if she's outside or somewhere else, after all, miscommunications like this do happen. When I can't find her anywhere and she doesn't pick up my calls multiple times, I get really worried.

Y/N: Byeol???

Y/N: byeol r u ok? text me pls

Y/N: I'm getting worried

I call Mum and Dad and tell them about the situation. They get worried too even though they try not to show it to me.

"Dear, I've got a friend that I know back from university that lives in London. I'll ask her if you can stay over with them tonight whilst we get in to contact with Byeol.", Dad says, "I'll call back in five minutes."

"Ok Dad.", I nod and cut the call.

I pace around the outside of the airport, not knowing what to do. This place is so foreign to me and I have no idea what I can do. I text Jungkook.

Y/N: u there?

Jungkook: yup, u landed?

Y/N: hours ago

Jungkook: so how's london so far?

Y/N: terrifying

Jungkook: it's a new city, you'll get used to it

Y/N: no it's literally terrifying

Jungkook: why? wdym?

Y/N: byeol's nowhere and i've been waiting hours for someone to help, i don't know where to stay and it's not like i can move to pourtsmouth because the time for it is next week

Jungkook: where's Byeol???

Y/N: idk, no one does, she's not picking up

Jungkook: what!!

Y/N: wait, mum's calling, i'll talk later.

I quickly pick up Mum's call.

"Dear, where are you?", Dad questions.

"I'm outside the min entrance of the airport.", I inform him.

"Wait there for a little bit. An aunty will come to pick you up soon, she's on her way.", Dad says.

"Ok.", I say.

"Hang on there, we're trying to find Byeol too.", Dad says.

"Yup, all good here, I'll wait.", I try to reassure him but how when I can't reassure myself?

We say bye before I hang up and text Byeol again but she just won't answer or pick up my calls. Where could she be? I call Jungkook, he picks up immediately.

"Y/N, what's going on?", he asks frantically.

"I don't know, I don't know. Byeol is nowhere and I'm staying the night over at an aunty's I've never met.", I start to panic myself.

"But you don't know where she is at all?", he quizzes.

"No! She's never late and she never forgets, she's just suddenly disappeared and not responding to anyone. I want to go back to Korea.", I cry softly.

"Please babe. Don't cry, it hurts to see you like this. Let me call her and see if she picks up.", he suggests.

"There's no use. I'm just stuck here all by myself.", I cry a little harder.

"Princess, my heart aches to hug you but I can't. Stay strong, you'll get through it.", he supports.

"I'm trying but the harder I try, the more the reality and hopelessness hits me.", I say honestly.

"Princess, I'm so sorry.", Jungkook cries too, "I don't know what to do or tell you."

"Don't cry.", I sob.

"I can't see you like this.", he wails.

"Ok, I'll stop crying.", I wipe my tears.

"Good girl.", he says.

"Oh Dad's calling me again, I'll talk later.", I say and hang up.

I talk to my parents and a lady approaches me, she talks to my dad and then smiles at me warmly, "Don't cry any longer. Come with me."

I go to her car, "Thank you for the help."

"No worries, it's the least I could do.", she says warmly.

She's very kind and after we get to her house, she arranges a bedroom for me and makes me some food. I thank her several times because without her, I actually don't know if I'd be wondering the streets at this time.

Jungkook POV

All the while, as Y/N contacts me, I try to reach Byeol.

"Ugh where are you?", I say irately to myself.

I text her repeatedly and then... she finally responds.

Byeol: I'm here, I'm here

Jungkook: wtf? where r u?

Byeol: on my way to the airport

Jungkook: what?? why???? and why weren't u responding to anybody?

My blood is pulsing through me. She doesn't respond for a while.

Jungkook: BYEOL???!!!!!

Byeol: I'm sorry, i can't say why i wasn't responding

Jungkook: byeol tell me, and whilst I'm at it, there's no point going to the airport, she's over at someone else's house. 

Jungkook: u can drive ur unhelpful ass back to ur own house

Byeol: pls, I'm sorry

Jungkook: save it, i don't wanna hear it

Byeol: but pls

Jungkook: no! no I'm not joking around, go, go do what u like. u had us all worried and ur here taking it lightly.

Byeol: I'm not taking it lightly

Jungkook: stop

I throw my phone to the other side of the room.

Byeol POV

I park over the car and call Dad.

"Dad?", I say.

"Byeol, are you ok?", Dad shouts.

"I'm fine. Where's Y/N?", I say.

"She's gone over with someone else. Are you ok?", Dad repeats.

"I am, I was just running late.", I lie.

"But why didn't you pick up?", he's still worried.

"My... my phone ran out of charge.", I lie agin.

"Oh Byeol, we were all so worried.", his sympathy hurts me because I don't deserve it.

"Can you text me Y/N's dress, I'll go and pick her up.", i say.

"Ok.", he hangs up and texts me.

I drive on full speed to the address. I'll be honest, all these grades, everything, it's a lie. I've just been under bad influence the whole time I've been here in the UK, mixing with the wrong people. And now I'm a drunk idiot who's made a mess of her life and will disappoint others too. I, for years now, have faked my grades at Cambridge to make everyone happy. I'm so bad right now that the university has even threatened to kick me out if I don't do well at the end of the semester tests. What will I do?