New Connections

Your POV

It's been a week since I've been discharged from hospital. I mostly stay in bed but now I'm feeling a bit better and I think I can move around myself. School's far off the page for now, for various reasons. Mum's decided to invite someone over so I feel a little less bored. She says that the guy's got a girl who's about my same age so I can talk to her. I'm setting out the plates and when I'm done with it all, I go to the front window to catch some fresh air. Usually, I'm pretty ashamed when I hear someone's coming to our house. It's not very nearly a nice place and we can barely serve good food. But now, I've accepted all of it, this is what it is and I'm proud of my humble start. I look out of the window and the blazing summer sun scorches the outside world. In comparison, the house is a freezer. I hear laughing and giggling when a couple appears around the corner of the street. There's something about them that catches my attention. The boy is quite a lot taller than the girl and his physique looks extremely familiar, he has his hand flung around the girl. The girl is hugging his waist and laughing in to his chest. I peer closer at them two as they approach the front of my house. If my eyes aren't tricking me, I swear he's Jungkook. I look over, stretching out so far, that I could literally fall out of the window if I go an inch further. My eye catch his eyes and he looks at me for a second before he turns away and continues to laugh and walk away. It is Jungkook. A little jealousy and sadness froths up in my throat. He got over me and I've lost him to someone else. To really make sure it's him, I call his name.

"Jungkook?", I shout.

He looks back at me but turns away again. It is him.

Jungkook POV

Somebody calls out my name, I look back at a girl stretching out of her window, looking desperately at me. It's Y/N.

"Who's that?", Byeol asks as she looks up with her pretty doe eyes.

"Oh, I'm not really sure.", I brush it off.

"Ok then.", she looks at her watch, "I better get going now, Dad and I are going to somebody's house today."

"That's fine. Let me just drop you off at the front of your house then.", I suggest.

"Thanks."

We continue to laugh and talk. Soon, her house is right in front of us.

"See you tomorrow babe.", she says.

"See you.", I smile back.

I watch her go in to her house before I leave. I kick around a stone and slowly amble home.

Your POV

The door bell rings and I instantly go to answer the door.

"Annyeonhaseyo.", I bow.

There's a man and behind him, is a girl who's about my same being. I could swear that I've seen her. Like seen her today. Today with Jungkook.

"Annyeong sweetie, are you Y/N?", the man asked.

"I am. Come in.", I let them in.

"Oh, annyeonhaseyo.", my mum greets.

"How are you?", he asks.

"I'm fine, thank you. And you?", Mum asks.

"I'm good. Oh, we better introduce ourselves. Y/N, I'm Ko Jaehwi. You can call me uncle. This is Byeol, she's my daughter.", he says.

I nod at him and then stare at the girl. That's the name Jungkook said at the end of the road today. It must be her. She stares back at me awkwardly.

"Y/N, why don't you take her to your room. We'll call when lunch is ready.", Mum suggests.

"Ok.", I say.

She follows me in to her room and she stares at the huge and growing display of paper cranes above my bed. It's always the first thing that catches people's eyes.

"Wow, this is beautiful. Did you make it?", she questions.

"I did.", I say coldly. Somehow, I find myself being naturally wary and hostile to her, "So I take it that you know Jungkook?"

"Mhmm.", she agrees.

"Who are you to him?"

"I'm his girlfriend.", she admits.

"Ah, I see.", we sit in silence for a while.

"You know, he talks a lot about you still. I know who you are.", she starts.

"You know?", I look at her.

"Yeah."

"Well how come our parents know each other?"

"Dad said that he saw your Mum, sorry, I mean Aunty. He say Aunty crying all night at the hospital a few weeks back. He helped her and they got to know each other."

"Oh, ok. I didn't know that."

"So I heard, you don't have a dad?", she's brave bringing up that topic so early.

"Oh don't even mention it. You'll never understand the pain."

"Even if I don't get you completely, I'll understand you a bit.", she looks sad and far away.

"How come?"

"My mum... I don't have a mum.", she stutters.

I find myself getting up and giving her a hug, "Don't cry."

We talk a lot for the rest of the day and I begin to understand how come Jungkook fell for her. She's the sweetest girl I ever met. And in fact, I can now see the difference between her and Jiwoo. She was kind but in a way to influence even bad on me. Like she wanted me to fall in to a ditch with her. My mum calls us for lunch and after it, they leave. I can see a connection between my mum and her dad. Maybe after all these years, she's finally found the one she's been looking for.

Jungkook POV

There's a series of notifications on my phone.

Byeol: hey

Byeol: what's up?

Byeol: i've come back home

Jungkook: heyyyy

Junkook: I'm good but a bit bored

Jungkook: how was the visit??

Byeol: it was good

Byeol: i met a girl of our same age, she was rlly sweet

Jungkook: ooh nice, u got urself a nice friend i see

Jungkook: when do i meet her?

Byeol: making a move so quickly i see

Jungkook: NOOOOOO!!!!

Byeol: jk

Jungkook: i really thought...

Byeol: chill boy

Byeol: oh dad's calling

Byeol: gtg

Jungkook: byyyeeeeeeee

Byeol: bye :3